GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Eases the concerns a little, thanks. :D

We got LED plus "style" lights on our current car, works fine but i kinda don't really see the point, i usually am faster turning them off/on manually. Do the IQ lights react to reflective signs? We got a few huge roadsigns around here (12-15ft tall), it's like driving into a wall of light at night if the high beams come on. Would be cool if the car recognises that, though might be a bit much to ask.

We got plenty of potholes too here, living rural-ish. Currently with 19 inch wheels, with a (comparatively for the class) stiff suspension, and it isn't pretty.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Well even if not, not much i can do there - after 14 months, i'm not going to reject the car based on it being too stiff. It's a GTE after all, we knew it wasn't going to be "plush".

I'm just excited lol, 55 minutes and we'll take off, last journey in good ol' blue and into the new one. Already got a baseball cap that i can put on the wrong way around, in germany those are mandatory accessories for all "hot" golfs.

renkpz

I ordered my Clubsport back in July 2021.
In December 2022, they gave me a possible BW for week 7. Unfortunately, it has been moved to week 23 (tentative).

After almost 2 years of waiting for the car, I cannot still tell when it will arrive. This is incredible... I wonder if this is happening with all the models or only the sports cars.

The waiting is long and painful

m4in

Go Kart Newbie

And there she is.

Didn't take many pictures because i wanted to drive, and now it's raining like mad so no nice pictures happening. All worries were pointless, the car's super comfy, working as it is supposed to (didn't notice any jerking or anything). Love wireless AA, love everything.

Now for some long journeys to bed the engine in, so i can put the foot down too. :D

edit: trying to figure it out - is there a way to limit charging to 80% of battery, or do i have to do that manually?

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
I know your pain, ordered my R back in July 2021 also. No clue when it will arrive as BW keeps getting pushed back

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023
12th December 2022 - February 2023
28th December 2022 - Week 9 2023
January 2023 - Week 11 unconfirmed

February 2023 - Week 12 Confirmed

Finally looks like the light is at the end of the tunnel so looks like it'll be a 15-16 month wait in total. Does anyone know if cars are still being built on the confirmed build week or is there a delay? The only reason I ask is, Im going on holiday end of April to mid may and sods law seems to suggest it's going to be at the dealer right at that moment! I might just have to tell them to hold it for 2 weeks before I come back otherwise!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023
12th December 2022 - February 2023
28th December 2022 - Week 9 2023
January 2023 - Week 11 unconfirmed

February 2023 - Week 12 Confirmed

Finally looks like the light is at the end of the tunnel so looks like it'll be a 15-16 month wait in total. Does anyone know if cars are still being built on the confirmed build week or is there a delay? The only reason I ask is, Im going on holiday end of April to mid may and sods law seems to suggest it's going to be at the dealer right at that moment! I might just have to tell them to hold it for 2 weeks before I come back otherwise!
That’s good news!

I read on one of the performance Golf forums that the factory is running something like 11 weeks behind confirmed build weeks. If so, then that could suggest your actual build might be week 23. Hopefully the factory are working at reducing that 11 week slippage 🤞.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Heard that the Golf 8.5 Restyling will start production from June 2023, presentation in November 2023 and first sales in Germany around same time.
Here is what i gathered:.
Three new colors: Oyester Silver Met., Grenadilla Black, Anemone Blue Met.
New headlights
New graphics for the rear ones
New rims
New bumpers
New internal inserts
Plug-in version with the 1.5 tsi
More autonomy and less recharging time
New 12.9" central display
New electronics.

Find it strange that it‘s coming out so soon. But it would be 4 years since the first Golf 8 release, so….
We will know for sure around april-may if this is the case when they update ETKA…

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Heard that the Golf 8.5 Restyling will start production from June 2023, presentation in November 2023 and first sales in Germany around same time.
New headlights
New rims
New bumpers
New internal inserts
New electronics.

Find it strange that it‘s coming out so soon. But it would be 4 years since the first Golf 8 release, so….
We will know for sure around april-may if this is the case when they update ETKA…
VW’s usual model lifecycle is around eight years, so a facelift at the four year mid-point of the lifecycle is about right. Historically, things that are normally changed as part of the facelift are all of some of the following; exterior lighting design, alloys, bumper design, new paint colours, badging, infotainment units, interior trim. A facelift might also include the deletion of some items too to offset the cost of some of the changes.

VW’s objective will be to freshen up the looks at ‘minimal’ cost to maintain / increase customer interest and sales. Hopefully, ‘new electronics’ will mean bug-free, gremlin-free software.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
edit: trying to figure it out - is there a way to limit charging to 80% of battery, or do i have to do that manually?

With a PHEV charge to 100% every time. Your battery has a maximum capacity of 13kWh but only 10.9kWh is available so you won’t damage the battery.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
New headlights
New rims
New bumpers
New internal inserts
New electronics.

That's just wrong. Waiting for my Golf for a year now and it will probably come around June this year and the newer facelift version will be in production? That just makes me mad.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
With a PHEV charge to 100% every time. Your battery has a maximum capacity of 13kWh but only 10.9kWh is available so you won’t damage the battery.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the "reserved" part of the battery is the bottom, not the top, no? To prevent deep-discharge (which leads to boiling the electrolyte/puffing, and will damage your battery). So once your GoM says "0" and battery empty, it still has like 15% charge to preserve itself. That's how i understood it. I've never heard that they reserve the "top" part of the battery too - which doesn't mean that they're not doing it, obviously, it's just news to me.

Do you have any source on that (because if you're correct then i don't know as much as i thought i was, and would like to read up)?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
That's just wrong. Waiting for my Golf for a year now and it will probably come around June this year and the newer facelift version will be in production? That just makes me mad.
While I understand your frustration, getting a new car just before a facelift or next generation model arrives has never bothered me - it’s still a new car to me, and I’m not bothered about not having the latest model. The facelift model is also likely to cost considerably more than the price you’ve agreed for the car you have on order.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie

I do understand the "feeling" that you're getting an older model, but it's still a brand new car. And it's likely to work much better than the 8.5, as well as very likely to be cheaper.

It does suck, but it's not the end of the world. We just got ours this week, and i love it not an iota less despite being "the obsolete one".