GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Great news!
I will pick up my GTI tomorrow :love:

Many congratulations šŸ¤ Also, pictures please! :love:

If yours was BW 13 it looks like it must have got the first boat out! My R was BW 8/9 ish and then got stuck in the Emden backlog in mid-March, but hoping for updates in the coming days as well! And needless to say, pictures will be posted.

This kind of good news is just what this threat needed lol to get things going. Hopefully we'll see a flurry of deliveries now!

rayaans

Ready to race!
Ours has just reached the UK. Build week 12! Much quicker than expected

However, it brings me into another question. The dealer have said they need to register the car in the month it's delivered for the financial contributions.

I'm going on holiday next week for 4 weeks so earliest I can pick up is in June! How does that work with PCP? Will they be expecting the deposit when the dealer has it or before I pick up as it basically means the first payment would get through without even taking it off the forecourt? First time PCP here so not sure.

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
Ours has just reached the UK. Build week 12! Much quicker than expected

However, it brings me into another question. The dealer have said they need to register the car in the month it's delivered for the financial contributions.

I'm going on holiday next week for 4 weeks so earliest I can pick up is in June! How does that work with PCP? Will they be expecting the deposit when the dealer has it or before I pick up as it basically means the first payment would get through without even taking it off the forecourt? First time PCP here so not sure.
You wonā€™t pay the deposit until youā€™ve collected the car. My dealer actually forgot to take mine and I forgot to give it to them. I owned the car for almost a week before I paid mine.

Registering the car car can be done whenever but as the dealer has said there a financial contribution it could mean that next month the money towards the car is lower so it may work in your favour to have the car registered when it arrives at the dealers. My last 2 cars have been the show room demo car so in the country for a couple of months before being registered so thereā€™s no legal reason they have to register it straight away.

renkpz

Many congratulations šŸ¤ Also, pictures please! :love:

If yours was BW 13 it looks like it must have got the first boat out! My R was BW 8/9 ish and then got stuck in the Emden backlog in mid-March, but hoping for updates in the coming days as well! And needless to say, pictures will be posted.

This kind of good news is just what this threat needed lol to get things going. Hopefully we'll see a flurry of deliveries now!
Many thanks!
If finally arrived :love:

Let me share some pictures of it...

GTICS_01.jpg
GTICS_02.jpg
GTICS_03.jpg
GTICS_05.jpg

Grace11

Thatā€˜s a lovely car and a lovely spec šŸ˜ Hope youā€™ve been out and about in it already putting on plenty of miles in!
Any news on your car delivery yet? Mines still sat in Emden.. been there for over a month now šŸ™„ VW promised the car was getting shipped last Thursday evening due to arrive in UK friday- but it never arrived and VW haven't given a date for next shipment it's due to be on yet! Annoying!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Any news on your car delivery yet? Mines still sat in Emden.. been there for over a month now šŸ™„ VW promised the car was getting shipped last Thursday evening due to arrive in UK friday- but it never arrived and VW haven't given a date for next shipment it's due to be on yet! Annoying!

Ah well Iā€™ve just been told that my R along with ā€œa numberā€ of others are with VW for additional quality checks. I suspect this means that there is a potential manufacturing fault/potential recall issue that needs putting right before theyā€™re put on a ship. I wonder if yours is also affected?

Yes, itā€™s frustrating, but I suppose we want the cars to be safe for us for many miles when they do get here, as opposed to going wrong in a dangerous situation and needing a repair/recall. Itā€™s probably a blessing in disguise šŸ˜‚

rayaans

Ready to race!

Ours is in the UK and build was completed mid April after a 3 week delay from the original confirmed build week

Ships are definitely going out otherwise ours wouldnt be in the UK yet

Grace11

Losing the will to live! Still no shipment date for my car! Been sat at the port over a month and dealer has only had this from VW and no further information!
Screenshot_20230502_162959_Chrome.jpg

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
That must be very frustrating especially if youā€™ve been waiting such a long time. My dealer told me the day I picked up my R line to come back in 18 months to order my Clubsport as it will take till the end of my R line contract to arrive. Gone are the day of having cars sat on the forecourt waiting for new owners. The demand now far outweighs the supply.

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Just been told by the leasing provider to call up if I havenā€™t heard anything by Wednesday 10th šŸ™ƒ

@C0TT1S ^^ Thatā€™s interesting. So does that mean there will be a clubsport in 8.5 as well? We probably need to order before next year the way things are going šŸ˜‚ Interested to see what happens with the RS3 as that went off sale due to demand but had been my 1st choice.

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
Ro
Just been told by the leasing provider to call up if I havenā€™t heard anything by Wednesday 10th šŸ™ƒ

@C0TT1S ^^ Thatā€™s interesting. So does that mean there will be a clubsport in 8.5 as well? We probably need to order before next year the way things are going šŸ˜‚ Interested to see what happens with the RS3 as that went off sale due to demand but had been my 1st choice.
Rumour has it there will be a number of special performance editions with the 8.5 being the last ICE golf. I know from working with the Vag group that special editions are the best sellers and VW donā€™t want to miss out on playing on the Golf lovers heart strings.

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
Ro

Rumour has it there will be a number of special performance editions with the 8.5 being the last ICE golf. I know from working with the Vag group that special editions are the best sellers and VW donā€™t want to miss out on playing on the Golf lovers heart strings.

Oh I didnā€™t know that. Iā€™ll keep on the lookout for the next few months given the lead times. Might be worth ordering sooner rather than later as Iā€™ve gone for a 24 month deal.

Iā€™ve never had a GTI, though. In the UK Iā€™m a firm believer in 4WD though rear-driven 911s and BMWs etc are epic as well. Iā€™ve never had the courage to go for a front-driven car, no matter what they say about the front diff šŸ˜‚