GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

rayaans

Ready to race!
We finally picked ours up this week after 18 months!

Drives very well but there were a few issues with the prep. Screen was covered in fingerprints already and some of the protective pieces of white plastic hadnt been removed. TBH I didnt mind this too much but what I find inexcusible is that all 4 tyres were pumped to 47PSI

Must say the side assist and folding mirrors are a great option although slightly miffed we had to pay for folding mirrors! Car has been great so far. It rides well and the cruise control works well too. Ive turned off the road sign as its a little dangerous

HugoGT

Finally at Emden after a 3 week delay waiting for parts, anyone got any realistic idea on shipping times from this point on? I’m expecting 3-4 weeks now hopefully.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Finally at Emden after a 3 week delay waiting for parts, anyone got any realistic idea on shipping times from this point on? I’m expecting 3-4 weeks now hopefully.
The current situation at Emden will be a factor in how quickly your car is shipped to the UK. Article at the link below is dated two months ago, so things may have improved.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/pub...cars-stuck-in-huge-german-port-backlog/282757

Once it’s in the UK, typically it can take up to two weeks to be delivered from the UK port side storage compound to the dealership - actual timescales will be influenced by factors such as availability of transporter vehicles, distance of dealership from port, number of cars to be transported.

HugoGT

The current situation at Emden will be a factor in how quickly your car is shipped to the UK. Article at the link below is dated two months ago, so things may have improved.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/pub...cars-stuck-in-huge-german-port-backlog/282757

Once it’s in the UK, typically it can take up to two weeks to be delivered from the UK port side storage compound to the dealership - actual timescales will be influenced by factors such as availability of transporter vehicles, distance of dealership from port, number of cars to be transported.
I’m very much hoping things have improved! Nearly 21 months waiting so far so hopefully I’m near the end either way - just hoping it comes in time for existing car insurance not to need renewal!

rayaans

Ready to race!
Forgot to post a pic
IMG-20230612-WA0000.jpg

Ours was at the port for 3 weeks before being shipped

HugoGT

@HugoGT i was told by my dealer 3 to 4 weeks wait to get to the dealership but took 7 weeks it’s taken me 18 months wait for my car what have you ordered ?
Golf GTE, I’m guessing you ordered a GTD by your previous posts? I was told 3/4 weeks but who knows really! Fingers crossed anyway as it’s getting quite annoying at this point. I hope yours comes soon! And thanks Rayaans, I hope you’re happy with it, might wanna blur your plate though just so no nasties can clone it

rayaans

Ready to race!
Golf GTE, I’m guessing you ordered a GTD by your previous posts? I was told 3/4 weeks but who knows really! Fingers crossed anyway as it’s getting quite annoying at this point. I hope yours comes soon! And thanks Rayaans, I hope you’re happy with it, might wanna blur your plate though just so no nasties can clone it
Very happy indeed.

It drives very well and the tech works quite well too. No problems with the haptic steering wheel and got used to the infotainment too.

Of course the predictive acc is rubbish because it picks up road signs and sometimes gets them wrong i.e. brakes from 70 to 60 etc. I've turned it off and had no issues since.

No worries about the plate. Its no longer going to be on the car

GTIfan23

Hi all. I am brand new to the forum.
I currently have a GTI Clubsport on order with 19” Adelaide’s, winter pack and rear camera. I placed the order in March 22, to replace my Tiguan R-Line. I still do not have a confirmed build date and must admit that I am getting a little concerned with the 8.5 coming out in 2024 that my order will be affected if they do not continue the Clubsport.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Hi all. I am brand new to the forum.
I currently have a GTI Clubsport on order with 19” Adelaide’s, winter pack and rear camera. I placed the order in March 22, to replace my Tiguan R-Line. I still do not have a confirmed build date and must admit that I am getting a little concerned with the 8.5 coming out in 2024 that my order will be affected if they do not continue the Clubsport.

Why are you concerned? It'll either continue in which case youll get the updated car. Or they'll discontinue it and give you the option of a refund of deposit or a GTI

GTIfan23

Why are you concerned? It'll either continue in which case youll get the updated car. Or they'll discontinue it and give you the option of a refund of deposit or a GTi
Why are you concerned? It'll either continue in which case youll get the updated car. Or they'll discontinue it and give you the option of a refund of deposit or GTI
Very good point.
I have just had an update from my local dealership and they have informed me that the unconfirmed build date of mid- December 23 has now changed to mid- August 23. Fingers crossed I get the update of the confirmed build date soon.

Gouldy

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone got any experience with confirmed build dates still showing in the past?

I have a golf R-line estate on order (from July 22). I received the confirmed build week of wk22 in March. Spoke to the dealer wk23 and car was still showing confirmed build date wk22. Spoke to them this week and they are saying the car is still showing confirmed build date as wk22......

TIA

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

Has anyone got any experience with confirmed build dates still showing in the past?

I have a golf R-line estate on order (from July 22). I received the confirmed build week of wk22 in March. Spoke to the dealer wk23 and car was still showing confirmed build date wk22. Spoke to them this week and they are saying the car is still showing confirmed build date as wk22......

TIA
Production at VW’s Wolfsburg factory - where the Golf is built - has been running behind schedule for some time now as VW play catch-up to clear the large backlog of o/s orders. If your confirmed build week was week 22, it sounds as if production is still running a few weeks behind. The last I read - I think it was on this forum a few weeks ago - was that production was running around 4 weeks behind schedule.; if that’s still the case, then assuming that build weeks align with calendar weeks, we’re currently in wk25, which would mean your car would be built next week.

With Seat, it seems the build status system doesn’t always show the correct status. Some customers who understood their cars haven’t yet been built have subsequently been informed by their dealer that their car has been built and is actually in the UK. So if VW aren’t very good at updating their system, it could be that your car may have actually been built and is somewhere in transit between the Wolfsburg factory and your dealership. If it has been built, my guess would be it might be caught up in the backlog of cars at Emden waiting to be shipped to the UK - see article at the link below.