GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor Trend Under 30K Sporty Roundabouts

Merkle

Banned
I need to check out the performance pack model, I noticed the regular MK7 had better brakes, but the ones on the PP, 60-0 in 100ft. *not bad*

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
The MK7 I drove, the brake feel was definitely the most different thing. It was really grabby. I am so used to the non-grabby, spongy feeling pedal in my car that I felt like an idiot driving the MK7 and the car was just jerking on soft stops. I don't know how different PP car will be. Seeing I didn't actually do any hard driving its hard to say if the grabby brake was a function of how it was set up or if there is actually some progression beyond that.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
WRX.. all damn day.

Superior interior be damned.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The MK7 I drove, the brake feel was definitely the most different thing. It was really grabby. I am so used to the non-grabby, spongy feeling pedal in my car that I felt like an idiot driving the MK7 and the car was just jerking on soft stops. I don't know how different PP car will be. Seeing I didn't actually do any hard driving its hard to say if the grabby brake was a function of how it was set up or if there is actually some progression beyond that.
Brand new brakes vs your used mk6 brakes
WRX.. all damn day.
Superior interior be damned.
:laugh:

Merkle

Banned

I didn't have a dealer with me on my test drive :cool:

It felt like the GTI with StopTech pads, VAG tuning and the Tyrol collars, with an even firmer pedal. I was impressed.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't have a dealer with me on my test drive :cool:

It felt like the GTI with StopTech pads, VAG tuning and the Tyrol collars, with an even firmer pedal. I was impressed.

im getting my stoptechs on tonight :thumbsup:

Edit: friday

Last edited:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Already done. I am doing everything within stock brake's setup. It doesn't lack braking power per se, but it just feels long and spongy....track pads, street pads...no difference.

I am used to driving this car this way, but changing it to a MK7 will have some learning curve. But I'd welcome that if it does come with more progression and not just the initial grabby feel on the top of the pedal travel.

If PP car is out now for ordering and delivery I'd probably trade mine in. As it stands it is not happening probably until my autoX season is over, at which point I might wait til next spring...

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
all mk6 came with all-season from the factory

*my car was a 18" upgraded '10 w/pzeros*

IIRC 2010 Summers were optional, but if you get it or not depends on if dealer actually ordered any as such. I don't think most were able to get any outside of some California cars.