GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motorcycle Thread

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I hear ya. We all go through changes at times. Some more drastic than others. Sounds like a lot is going through your head. Getting back down to basics helps clear the storm. You have my email. Hit me up if you need to chat bro. Keep your head up.
Thanks brother. I appreciate it.

AubreyR6

Passed Driver's Ed
I was hoping there would be a motorcycle thread here somewhere...

This is my 09 R6 track baby...

My new (to me) street bike, 09 Aprilia Dorsoduro.

Haven't ridden on the street in 6 years and it feels so good!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Here's my 03 Kaw Z1000.

It's been modded quite a bit and is a BLAST to ride. I trade often with my buddy that has an 08 R1 and now hes totally hooked on the naked bikes and wants to get rid of the R and get one.

Mods:
PC3
ZX10 Throttle Bodies
K&N Pod Filters
Machined down the flywheel to half thickness
Adjustable ignition advancer
ZX9 4>1 Header, custom mid pipe and hacked Muzzy can
Renthal low bars
ZX10 master cylinder and resevior
Galfer lines/Fluid all around
EBC HH Sintered pads all around
Gear indicator
Speedo DRD
+2 rear vortex sprocket, stock front, 520 gold chain
Removed a ton of plastics and painted the tank and fenders satin black
Carbon Fiber Vinyl on the windscreen and side covers
Custom integrated LED turns in the headlight and integrated taillight

There may be more, but that's all I have off the top of my head. Plans for the summer are getting the wheels powdercoated, and either getting the grey side pieces powdercoated or I may try to vinyl those as well. Also have a slight interest in swapping ZX9 cams/springs/retainers in along with a Z750 ECU to raise to rev-limiter.

This thing is pretty much my main source of transportation all summer, and I rarely drive anywhere unless it's raining.

For the insurance aspect of things, I have liability and Comprehensive but no Collision. I figure for what the bike costs, I could part it out if I crashed it, but I'm mostly worried about theft with how these things seem to "up and vanish like a fart in the wind." I pay $148 a YEAR through state farm. 26YO, have had state farm since I started driving and have my car through them as well. Not a home owner.

Previous Bikes: 79 KZ650 and 99 ZX9R.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Yup. Double bubble is nice. Helps a little with the air flow and looks good doing it.

Is Woodcraft a British company? I think I've heard if them, but not sure. If it's the company I think it is, they make good stuff.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Anybody have experience with Woodcraft sliders or Zero Gravity windscreens?

I don't have any firsthand experience with Woodcraft, but I know they make quality stuff based on all the reviews I've read for any of their products.

Zero Gravity, on the other hand, I do have experience with. I had their windscreen on both of my bikes so far. :thumbsup:

AubreyR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Woodcraft frame sliders are the best in my opinion, I have them on my bike and always have used them. They are in MA and make quality products for sure.

Zero Gravity is one of the best windscreens on the market, made in CA.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Just picked up my first bike, it's a 2014 Honda CRF250L. It's a dual sport bike & it's a blast so far. I'm going to evaluate whether I'm actually going to do much off roading and may convert it to a supermoto if I end up doing mostly street riding.