GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Lol all I was saying it's crazy to think that something that used to take up a couple giant bookshelves worth of space can now comfortably fit in your pocket. Of course it's not as satisfying to look at as a physical collection either.

I know. I'm just a huge advocate for physical media lol. I don't want to see it die out. There's been plenty of times that my friends have texted me asking to borrow X on disc because it's not streaming anywhere anymore. These movies shuffle streaming services so often, and then sometimes drop off completely and have to be rented or bought anyways. I re-watch movies all the time. Usually an average of 300-500 a year, new and re-watched.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I know. I'm just a huge advocate for physical media lol. I don't want to see it die out. There's been plenty of times that my friends have texted me asking to borrow X on disc because it's not streaming anywhere anymore. These movies shuffle streaming services so often, and then sometimes drop off completely and have to be rented or bought anyways. I re-watch movies all the time. Usually an average of 300-500 a year, new and re-watched.
How....?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion

Well I watch at least one a day, sometimes two. Sometimes I'll call off work and go see three or four in the theater if I'm falling behind on new releases. I'll often spend a whole Saturday or Sunday watching a few in a row too.

I pretty much never watch TV shows. Movies only for the most part.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Well I watch at least one a day, sometimes two. Sometimes I'll call off work and go see three or four in the theater if I'm falling behind on new releases. I'll often spend a whole Saturday or Sunday watching a few in a row too.

I pretty much never watch TV shows. Movies only for the most part.
Well then... what's your top 3 favorite/most-watched films?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Well then... what's your top 3 favorite/most-watched films?

This is an impossible question to answer for someone who watches so many. There's so many amazing films. It would be easier to list my top ten of 2021, which I'll do:

- The Worst Person in the World
- Petite Maman
- Spencer
- Drive My Car
- Red Rocket
- The Green Knight
- The Tragedy of Macbeth
- The Power of the Dog
- Titane
- Pig

torga

Autocross Champion
Shit that's right, I forgot I gotta watch The Worst Person in the World. And Titane and Pig.
I watched The Hand of God and wasn't a huge fan, tbh. Same with Parallel Mothers, not the biggest fan.
I watched a strange movie called Delicatessen not too long ago (same director as Amélie) -- really solid movie. Gonna be watching The Batman next.

oooh yeah, also watched Flee recently. Really fucking good movie.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Shit that's right, I forgot I gotta watch The Worst Person in the World. And Titane and Pig.
I watched The Hand of God and wasn't a huge fan, tbh. Same with Parallel Mothers, not the biggest fan.
I watched a strange movie called Delicatessen not too long ago (same director as Amélie) -- really solid movie. Gonna be watching The Batman next.

oooh yeah, also watched Flee recently. Really fucking good movie.

I enjoyed Parallel Mothers, but not as much as I wanted to.

Criterion 50% off 24 hour flash sale just started so my wallet will be hurting..

torga

Autocross Champion
I enjoyed Parallel Mothers, but not as much as I wanted to.

Criterion 50% off 24 hour flash sale just started so my wallet will be hurting..

I enjoyed the first half of it or so, then the pacing started to get wonky and it really came off the rails towards the end.

I saw a trailer for Bullet Train and I so want to watch that. It looks like John Wick but funny and in a train. I'm down.

My local indie theater is about to show a movie called Compartment No.6 that seems like it should be good.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
I enjoyed the first half of it or so, then the pacing started to get wonky and it really came off the rails towards the end.

I saw a trailer for Bullet Train and I so want to watch that. It looks like John Wick but funny and in a train. I'm down.

My local indie theater is about to show a movie called Compartment No.6 that seems like it should be good.

I once interviewed to be the GM of a local indie theatre here, but didn't get it. I miss working at a theatre and only left because the pay was garbage. The job was the most fun job I ever had though. I was in charge of projection for the whole place.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Watched Coherence last night, I'd give it a 7.5/10. It was a little out there but entertaining

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Glad you liked it. Not bad considering:

Budget
  • $50,000 (estimated)
Can hardly buy and mod a Golf R for that.
Ya I saw that before watching the movie. Pretty impressive, I'm guessing they filmed it in the director/producer's or whoever's house lol.

What I don't understand though:
What exactly happened to 'tubgirl'? She wasn't still in the tub at the very end so she just got up and left without saying anything to anyone? Her husband got a call from her so apparently she's still around, but why would she just disappear instead of looking for him in person - or anyone else in the house?
Am I missing something or just overthinking it? lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Been years since I've watched it but I think she woke up, cleaned up all indications of her existence and escaped unseen. Later she will attempt to kill and hide her alternative self so she can take her place in this reality.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Been years since I've watched it but I think she woke up, cleaned up all indications of her existence and escaped unseen. Later she will attempt to kill and hide her alternative self so she can take her place in this reality.
But presumably tubgirl was the 'good' one from the happy timeline so she would have no idea of what's even going on.... UNLESS she was also originally from another timeline and showed up prior and got rid of the OG good one (who might've been the one who called at the very end?) - but then shouldn't there be a 2nd smashed car window used as a distraction? although I guess with infinite timelines and therefore possibilities then there's no wrong answer?:unsure: