GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
^ Why I stopped watching shows until the story had concluded.
My buddy wanted me to watch The Nevers after the first half of a season came out. I said something about not wanting to watch half a season of a show that'll be cancelled, but mostly just joking around. That's exactly what happened. Cancelled after 1/2 of a season.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Decent little thriller on Amazon Prime. The book is good, movie adaptation somewhat faithful to it. I enjoyed both. Anyone else seen (or read)?

https://flixable.com/amazon-prime-video/title/headhunters/

1672937532296.png

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Was just gonna post that up.
Guess there's no point in watching it now.

Diggs said it was slow, but there's probably a point where it's too slow and people lose interest -- hence it getting canceled.
I would have watched season 2 only because the showrunners and having seen Dark. If the show was from some unknowns I would have ducked out way earlier. Hopefully another service that I have picks it up but I doubt it.

torga

Autocross Champion
I've been watching Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix. I'm glad it's a collection of short films and not a series -- makes it easy to just go "well, I'm in a horror mood, let's check this out". I've seen three of the shorts so far, all very different. All fun, but some better than others.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Watched lotsa movies this weekend.

Watched Shaft for the first time, I cannot believe I never came across it all these years. Fuckin loved it, so much fun.

Watched Days of Being Wild for the first time, it was incredible. Wong Kar-wai frames up amazing shots. Very moody overall. Can't wait to check out more of his work.

Rewatched Do The Right Thing, solid movie if there are some who haven't seen it yet.

Watched a short film about Group B rallying called, Group B. It was aiight.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Saw M3gan at the theater over the weekend (kiddo wanted to go). It wasn't bad, but not up to the 95% or whatever it has on RT. Few too many plotholes and people being dumb as usual. It brought nothing new to the genre. Still entertaining but not worth going to the theater for.

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh shit, I forgot I also watched The Holy Mountain last Wednesday.

That was a goddamn peyote trip in the desert in movie form. Jesus fuckin christ. It was exhausting, exhilarating, stressful, bewildering and profound.