GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Agree on all points, especially the score and his gadgets. The score was so bombastic and orchestral without feeling overbearing. Batman's gear mostly felt like a single person built all that stuff alone -- Batmobile seemed cobbled together, his suit seemed more DIY/tactical than ever (and like you said, fluid), loved his incognito moto-rat outfit/bike he'd use to stay hidden during the day. This was a great detective movie and it really took its time getting the mood right.
My only complaint is the car chase could've been cut back a bit, however the "I got you! I got YOU!!" and seeing the Batmobile just emerge, seemingly unscathed, like a bat outta hell was worth it. Colin Farrell really nailed the sudden helplessness there.
Everyone in the cast totally killed it. Cinematography was a masterpiece -- framing was always great. Found out after the movie that The Batman used the same cinematographer as Dune -- Greig Fraser

I personally liked it more than The Dark Knight, but they have pretty different things going for them and they're both amazing in their own respective ways.

Agree on all points, especially the score and his gadgets. The score was so bombastic and orchestral without feeling overbearing. Batman's gear mostly felt like a single person built all that stuff alone -- Batmobile seemed cobbled together, his suit seemed more DIY/tactical than ever (and like you said, fluid), loved his incognito moto-rat outfit/bike he'd use to stay hidden during the day. This was a great detective movie and it really took its time getting the mood right.
My only complaint is the car chase could've been cut back a bit, however the "I got you! I got YOU!!" and seeing the Batmobile just emerge, seemingly unscathed, like a bat outta hell was worth it. Colin Farrell really nailed the sudden helplessness there.
Everyone in the cast totally killed it. Cinematography was a masterpiece -- framing was always great. Found out after the movie that The Batman used the same cinematographer as Dune -- Greig Fraser

I personally liked it more than The Dark Knight, but they have pretty different things going for them and they're both amazing in their own respective ways.

Yeah I agree. I actually just re-watched The Dark Knight that Saturday night after watching The Batman during the morning. Went to the 11:30am show for $9.85 tickets, lol.

They're both excellent in their own way and you can't really say one is better than the other unless you're completely being biased. Everything in both movies worked great. They both had excellent visuals, score, acting and characters.

I could probably go back and forth saying which I liked more for something but in the end would reach like a 50/50 argument for both. I will say though, the suit was immediately apparent watching the two back to back and I totally prefer The Batman's suit than The Dark Knight. I think the nose was waaaay too pointy in TDK and clean. Militaryesque as opposed to The Batman's looking more home made if that is possible.

Though Zoe was definitely not as a good a Catwoman as Michelle, like not even close. She had real good looks and provided nice eye candy for the movie but her overall Catwoman was weak. I might of forgot but did she even use a whip at any point?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
+1, Inglourious Basterds peak Tarantino. Reservoir Dogs is a close second for me.

Hmmm, I feel like Pulp Fiction was more his peak in that he worked out a lot with a little. Basterds he had a larger budget but yeah, it had good lines. I just also wasn't a fan of the altered history despite it having a satisfying ending.

My favorite Tarantino work is Pulp Fiction, KB Vol1, Inglorious Basterds, Jackie Brown and I have a soft spot for Death Proof but it has been so long I might have to re-watch it and change my opinion on that.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Blue Ruin will be a good change of pace to watch next. Nothing weird, just a good, riveting story with great acting.
Have been wanting to watch that. Also downloading now Hereditary - another a24 film.

Just saw that Uncut Gems is another one of their films...might just need to check out more from this list

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Somewhat related: Anyone else stoked that the Eddie vs Thor fight is finally happening this weekend?

BEST prefight interview ever 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I'm gonna guess this was one of the ones worth watching

1647539166477.png

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Somewhat related: Anyone else stoked that the Eddie vs Thor fight is finally happening this weekend?

BEST prefight interview ever 😂

I saw that. It was hilarious. As dumb a fight it is, I want to see it. Should be a proper circus.