GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movies Chat Thread

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
unacceptable, GTFO

but seriously, good that you're finally watching it lol. I think I watched it with my dad for the first time when I was 12.

HAHAHA amen, sister. High five!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Johnny Knoxville picks up where Borat left off...the last scene had me choking because I'm laughing in bed holding my phone.

OMG! WINNING :word:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
GI Joe: Retaliation

First half: 3/10
Second half: couldn't watch

'Nuff said?

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
This is the movie I am by far most looking forward too. I'm not really into MMA and stuff but the history behind the protagonist of this series is just incredible. Plus I am a fan of movies that are based on real people and real history, and the cinematography is beautiful. Sad to see Donnie Yen go though.

As much as I like most martial arts type films, all these releases of Ip Man since the Donnie Yen version came out have just been using Ip Man's name to sell a movie. I think they could have called it something different and changed the names, it still would have worked out to be a good movie. But by adding Ip Man's name to it, now you have expectations that cannot always be met sadly.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
GI Joe: Retaliation

First half: 3/10
Second half: couldn't watch

'Nuff said?

Haven't seen it yet. Torrented it a couple days ago. I am definitely not expecting much from the movie other than an action flick with cheesy one liners and flying ninjas. With that mindset, I think I should be able to tolerate the movie, haha. :laugh:

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
The Call

7/10

it was not bad but they took the suspense out by showing the kidnapper's face. it was just more of what the heck was the kidnapper going to do.

Miss Berry never ages.

Couldn't agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
unacceptable, GTFO

but seriously, good that you're finally watching it lol. I think I watched it with my dad for the first time when I was 12.

It didn't disappoint and I see why it's such a classic.

09vdubgti

Banned
As much as I like most martial arts type films, all these releases of Ip Man since the Donnie Yen version came out have just been using Ip Man's name to sell a movie. I think they could have called it something different and changed the names, it still would have worked out to be a good movie. But by adding Ip Man's name to it, now you have expectations that cannot always be met sadly.

I completely agree, it is the exact reason why Donnie Yen said after Ip Man 2 that he would no longer be a part of the Ip Man series because "it has become a great success and people are hopping on the Ip Man Bandwagon and are over saturating the films."...

I do have to say though The Grandmaster which is also on Ip Man looks pretty good too.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I completely agree, it is the exact reason why Donnie Yen said after Ip Man 2 that he would no longer be a part of the Ip Man series because "it has become a great success and people are hopping on the Ip Man Bandwagon and are over saturating the films."...

I do have to say though The Grandmaster which is also on Ip Man looks pretty good too.

I torrented that movie as well to check it out. From what IMDB said, it was announced to be made over 10 years ago, just never got done till now. Funny part is I remember them saying something about that back then because it was supposedly announce 10 years after the Bruce Lee biopal movie was made in the 90s, and to pay homage to Bruce Lee's teacher/master.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Finished GI Joe: Retaliation. I rated the first half a 3/10, the second half gets a 2/10 for a total score of rotten dogshit on a disc.

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Finished GI Joe: Retaliation. I rated the first half a 3/10, the second half gets a 2/10 for a total score of rotten dogshit on a disc.

Disappointing. I thought the first was terrible but thought the rock beating the Crap out of people would make this one bearable.

I most recently watched Broken City. I wouldn't bother if you haven't seen it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
Disappointing. I thought the first was terrible but thought the rock beating the Crap out of people would make this one bearable.

I most recently watched Broken City. I wouldn't bother if you haven't seen it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I saw broken city too. It wasn't worth the 6 bucks on OnDemand and I wouldn't suggest it either.

I went back and forth about wether or not to buy Oblivion but I did and it didn't disappoint. There were a couple scenes that I was confused about and I felt like I had a few unanswered questions at the end, but overall it was a really interesting movie and it did its job of entertaining me.

Last edited: