GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 1995 Dodge Ram 1500

eod69usn

Ready to race!
ive made beer runs in this with jose...its legit

Chris@RT

Banned
Had a 97 2500 cummins I miss badly. Sold it since I was furious someone stole my trailer and really didn't need it anymore. Would still be a waste but I miss it all the time.

Looks like a fun project, I need to get another one.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
ive made beer runs in this with jose...its legit

Fuck yeah we have. How u been man ?? The repainting of the gli came out fuckin good man. I put a few pics on Facebook check em out. I put the catchcan my ol lady got me and s3 intercooler. Just need the hoses that ima pick up from jtrem later this week. Ima work on getting some rs4 injectors and slowly piece a ko4 together.

are you going to re-paint it red again?

Yeah man its getting resprayed red as we speak. He dude that resprayed my car is doing it.

Had a 97 2500 cummins I miss badly. Sold it since I was furious someone stole my trailer and really didn't need it anymore. Would still be a waste but I miss it all the time.

Looks like a fun project, I need to get another one.

I love diesels, that's what I play with everyday in the navy. Cummins at that too. Our rhibs, small boats have Cummins engines. It's been a fun project. If u go further up the thread to my first post u will see why it has sentimental value to me and why I'm restoring it. I plan on re-opholstering the interior later and redoing the carpet and doing a spray in bedliner.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know this is a vw forum but we all have projects and hobbies too. I'll post more pics of new paint later this week hopefully.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
your paint guy pretty reasonable for price? I want to get my lowers painted.

Kinda sort of, I'm paying a lot for my truck cuz its gotta be taken down to bare metal and completely redone bed being removed to spray behind cab and bed the whole nine yards. The gli was paid for by insurance. Dudes work is pretty stellar though. Takes his time doesn't cut corners on anything. I can ask him for you if u want, but I know there's a few places in LA that paint at a decent price too.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
ya ill probably check something out local here. I mean I can do all the prep work even spray the color. I just suck at shooting clear.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
ya ill probably check something out local here. I mean I can do all the prep work even spray the color. I just suck at shooting clear.

Then ur better than me, I suck at painting anything lol thats why I have the pros do it cuz id Fuck it all up. Yeah man LA is set more competitive area for paint and body cuz LA is so god damn big.

Chris@RT

Banned
I love diesels, that's what I play with everyday in the navy. Cummins at that too. Our rhibs, small boats have Cummins engines. It's been a fun project. If u go further up the thread to my first post u will see why it has sentimental value to me and why I'm restoring it. I plan on re-opholstering the interior later and redoing the carpet and doing a spray in bedliner.

Saw the reason and makes perfect sense :thumbsup:, Certainly one of those cars that if normally you told someone you were restoring they would look at you funny but nothing trumps sentimental value.

Being in California this may be next to impossible but there are a bunch of people who have swapped both 6bt and 4bts into 1500 rams. Check out 4btswaps.com. It is obviously specific to the 4 but since it is the main cummins swap resource even people using the 6 cylinders are on there. One guy is/was working on a full electronics and all swap of a 6bt into his 1500. I've got a 4bt in a wrangler so I know all to well how awesome these engines are, that at least makes up a little bit for not having my 2500 anymore.

Good luck with the project.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Saw the reason and makes perfect sense :thumbsup:, Certainly one of those cars that if normally you told someone you were restoring they would look at you funny but nothing trumps sentimental value.

Being in California this may be next to impossible but there are a bunch of people who have swapped both 6bt and 4bts into 1500 rams. Check out 4btswaps.com. It is obviously specific to the 4 but since it is the main cummins swap resource even people using the 6 cylinders are on there. One guy is/was working on a full electronics and all swap of a 6bt into his 1500. I've got a 4bt in a wrangler so I know all to well how awesome these engines are, that at least makes up a little bit for not having my 2500 anymore.

Good luck with the project.

Cool and thanks man. I'm gonna look into that I was thinking of putting a 360 in but I like this idea more.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
the finished paintjob. Money well spent. You guys let me know what u think. I think it came out great !!!

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Cool and thanks man. I'm gonna look into that I was thinking of putting a 360 in but I like this idea more.

Idk if the 46RE is a match with the 5.9L 360. I'd worry more about upgrading the crappy 46RE tranny. Sooo many horror stories about them. :frown:

Paint looks awesome though man. See you tomorrow or this weekend hopefully! :thumbsup:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER

Yeah it needs to be wetsand and buffed.

Idk if the 46RE is a match with the 5.9L 360. I'd worry more about upgrading the crappy 46RE tranny. Sooo many horror stories about them. :frown:

Paint looks awesome though man. See you tomorrow or this weekend hopefully! :thumbsup:

For sure man. I'll text you. I got the truck back at noon today. It has 110k of miles not bad for a 1995 lol

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
A few shots from the weekend.

As Disneyland parking lot.

Across from mother in laws house.