GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Golf.. er Rabbit.. GTI.. whatever Vs. 2006 MB SLK

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
On my way to a friend's house, I was side-by-side with a new Mercedes-Benz SLK. It was dark so I couldn't tell if it was a 280 or 350 but I can definitely assure you it wasn't an AMG 55.

Picture this but in black:

It was a younger guy with a girl in the passenger seat so I guess it was a perfect time for him to show her what his already-impressive car was made of. We were both rolling from a light and I can tell he was about to gun it because his engine was screaming in 2nd gear. So, I did the same (with DSG, mind you). As soon as he took off, I took off right behind him. I was definitely catching up to him. A red light was ahead so, of course, we slowed down to a stop. I got behind a car and he got behind me. The light turned green and, as soon as I found a gap, I took off and he took off behind me. Believe it or not, he couldn't catch up! He was about 1/2 car length behind me. I was actually walking away from this sports car that cost twice as much as my compact hatchback :bellyroll:

I missed my friend's development so I made a quick U-turn. So you know what this guy does? He pulls a ricer fly-by and turns on his blinkers!! All I can say is, what a sore loser :rolleyes:

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
I sometimes turn on my blinkers after someone else and I have a little fun on the freeway or something and what I usually mean is to acknowledge that it was fun but its time to go(like I would give him/her a thumbs up if we could see each other)...I never thought they thought I was a sore loser or that I was bragging...is that what most people think? I might have to stop doing that.:cool:

maybe he turned around and was acknowledging it was a good run...I guess it might be interpreted differently by each person.

I'm gonna guess he had the 280, otherwise I'm pretty sure he would have gone past you no prob.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
AlEkZ said:
I sometimes turn on my blinkers after someone else and I have a little fun on the freeway or something and what I usually mean is to acknowledge that it was fun but its time to go(like I would give him/her a thumbs up if we could see each other)...I never thought they thought I was a sore loser or that I was bragging...is that what most people think? I might have to stop doing that.:cool:

maybe he turned around and was acknowledging it was a good run...I guess it might be interpreted differently by each person.

I'm gonna guess he had the 280, otherwise I'm pretty sure he would have gone past you no prob.

I might be wrong but I always thought flashing your hazards means "I win/end of race" :iono:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I missed my friend's development so I made a quick U-turn. So you know what this guy does? He pulls a ricer fly-by and turns on his blinkers!! All I can say is, what a sore loser :rolleyes:

lol...typical assholes in florida...when i used to have my Si and i would get done with a stop light race that i won....i would always get kids that did that shit...sometimes after they did that i would goto the next light with em and they would talk shit like "i could have beat ya if i tried" and they would proceed to turn and not wanna race me

oh well gotta love south florida :thumbup:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I looked up performance specs on all the SLK models and it was definitely the 280 with 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. Oh well, I still think it's a great kill considering it has 2 more cylinders and considerably larger displacement (2.0 vs. 3.0); not to mention the price tag.

The 350 does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. The AMG 55 does it in 4.9 :eyebulge:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Freek said:
Auf where from in So Flo?

heh.. I'm all over the place. I live in Pompano Beach (Parkland, more specifically), go to school in Boca Raton, work in Sunrise, and visit friends and fiancee in Miami.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
nice...born and raised in Broward...before i moved to GA i lived in sunrise...i was just down there for 2 weeks...i dont miss being there...lol

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Freek said:
nice...born and raised in Broward...before i moved to GA i lived in sunrise...i was just down there for 2 weeks...i dont miss being there...lol

I was actually born in Naples, raised in Broward though. Sunrise, actually. Where did you used to live?

I love it down here.. sometimes :redface:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Nice kill. I usually through a peace sign or thumbs up after a "fun run". If it's night time I'll just flash the highbeams a couple of times. I see it as a gesture of saying "Hey I had fun, see'ya later".

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I was actually born in Naples, raised in Broward though. Sunrise, actually. Where did you used to live?

I love it down here.. sometimes :redface:

i live in the Palms..right there on flamingo and sunrise blvd right behind publix...and before that i lived out in Miramar off of 75 and Miramar pkwy

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
That had to have been an SLK 350 as it's the only way they come. (unless it is an AMG)

David

conflicted

Go Kart Newbie
ok let me help this descusion out. he proably is lookin at the wrong year model my mom has an 05 slk 350 and a 99 slk 230 what u raced was a 230 most likely with the 1.8L supercarger.i think the power rating are like 189 hourses and 193 torque. it hits 62mph in 7.5 seconds with the tipronic trany. my brother raced my mom iwth his GTi and beat her but when she was in her new 350 it wasent even fair she pulled 2 cars right off the bat and kept slowly walking away the rest of the race. still nice kill but it wasent a new one or he just dident care....

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
the 06's have an SLK 280 as well. If it looks like the one above than it cant be and SLK 230 because the picture is of the new bodystyle. But who knows.

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
duDE!! your mom races??? how cool is that?? :w00t: