GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

==My new JDM FD-2 Civic Type-R==

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
if honda was smart enough to bring the jdm type r here, i would've bought one over my gti

better torque and higher redline then the si

looks a hellof a lot better as well

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
THat car is SICK! i am not a honda fan obviously, but that is definitely one car i would buy if it was here in the states.

Felix

Ready to race!
Well, this FD-2 does look like the USDM Si, but its actually 80% different, only the doors are similar, the rest are different, even the platform is different. Speaking about torque, my GTI will pull hard from as low as 2200rpm, my Type-R pulls hard from around 3000rpm. When the High VTEC kicks in at 6000rpm, it feels like someone hits you from behind, ... Just a sudden rush of power all the way to 9500rpm. So, yeah, this thing has torque & without a turbo..!!

Last edited:

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
Well, this FD-2 does look like the USDM Si, but its actually 80% different, only the doors are similar, the rest are different, even the platform is different. Speaking about torque, my GTI will pull hard from as low as 2200rpm, my Type-R pulls hard from around 3000rpm. When the High VTEC kicks in at 6000rpm, it feels like someone hits hits you from behind, ... Just a sudden rush of power all the way to 9500rpm. So, yeah, this thing has torque & without a turbo..!!

nice

any mods planned for it or the gti?

and i think the jdm looks a million times better then the us si

Jsmitty

5 meters spread, no sound
Don't forget the extra reenforcement on the frame, and the overall setup of the car(suspension , braking,balance etc. In Japan these are considered to be at home on the track. There is a reason they chose the sedan of over the european model (hatch) Civic Type R.
*Drunken rambling*

Felix

Ready to race!
nice

any mods planned for it or the gti?

and i think the jdm looks a million times better then the us si

Am gonna do abit of mods here & there on my GTI, nothing major..
But for my Type-R, this thing is begging to be modded, unfortunately, alot of aftermarket performance manufacturers are still working on this car, atleast another 3 months,..

Felix

Ready to race!
Integra isn't dead,.. yet. Many DC-5 Type-R out there still,.. with 400hp or so under their cf hood. Those tegs are fast, but the chassis isnt capable to handle stress around corners. Thats why most civics and tegs are into drag racing, they just go in a straight line...

StreetSpec

Nice car..trully JDM..how many got imported from Jpn?..not many I guess.....just dont paint it pink again like your bimmer :biggrin:

Felix

Ready to race!
Nice car..trully JDM..how many got imported from Jpn?..not many I guess.....just dont paint it pink again like your bimmer :biggrin:

haha.. This car stays in MY garage. Locked.. Together with my other cars with the keys in my briefcase.

Felix

Ready to race!
you think this will hit the states as the new RSX type s? if so.. SOLD!

Never.. Honda doesnt make LHD version of this Type-R.