GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

TwoSheds

I have personally owned eight plus DSG equipped VW cars over the years running high mileage with no gearbox issues whatsoever.
So I am definitely sold on them.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Here she is in all her glory, photos from a press release that was posted online too early, it was then swiftly removed!

Attachments

• IMG_3568.jpeg
    IMG_3568.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3570.jpeg
    IMG_3570.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3573.jpeg
    IMG_3573.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3576.jpeg
    IMG_3576.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3575.jpeg
    IMG_3575.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3574.jpeg
    IMG_3574.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 134

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Note that the heated steering wheel button has been relocated to the upper position.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
My mistake- not GTi in my case.
Ah, no worries, I mentioned it because numerous owners have stated that the heated steering wheel can be switched on with the palm while steering, it appears that VW may have listened to their customers! 😳

Rxbg

thanks for posting. looks better and more refined. no news on the Golf R though. any day now hopefully! still hoping for a manual!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
He mentions a manual being available in non-hybrid spec toward the end of the 2nd video. Overall I like it, speaking as I find (!), think the lite up VW is a tad 'fussy' but like the slight upward- angled lower dash panel (forget what it's called, where the gear lever Authold buttons are) & bigger main screen, I'll certainly walk around the new Golf when car change time arrives, begatting 'new car day' & try a DSG as, well, you never know. Interesting times ahead. One last thing, yes, speaking as I find (!) whenever I've been around people getting on with everyday life and mentioned e.g. "we can take my car, I can carry it in my car, I'll just move the car", mostly people comment "Is that car yours ? Nice Golf", in fact some said it last week. They're not wrong, when it's clean that is ;)....

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
thanks for posting. looks better and more refined. no news on the Golf R though. any day now hopefully! still hoping for a manual!
It has been confirmed that the manual option on the performance models has been discontinued indefinitely., the R and clubsport will be available in the second half of 2024.

Daner

Go Kart Newbie
My dealer has confirmed that the 1.5 R-line 150hp (non-hybrid) will be available with a manual in both the hatchback and Sportscombi (Variant/Estate) models.

Still waiting on configuration possibility details, but the return to physical switchgear and this being the last ICE version of the Golf might tempt me to replace my Mk7 GT R-line 150 Sportscombi with a Mk8.5 R Sportscombi. We'll see.