GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Honda Civic Si: "Hey Mom, I rolled my Si"

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I think that kids should work for their car and everything else, but hold on a second. Are you saying that the only way a kid should get a car is if he paid for it?

I have two younger brothers. My job, since I turned 16, was to take care of them. I had to take them both to school in the morning. I had to pick up my little brother after school. I had to wait anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half to pick up my other brother. I had to take my brother to football practice, and track practice. I have to take my other brother to any school event. I have to go pick up simple things like milk, etc. I am the one they send to go get fast food when we eat it.

My point is that my entire day revolves around being a babysitter and driver, because both of my parents if they are lucky get home around 6:30, and my parents have never been able to trust my younger brother to watch my other brother. My parents trust me, and they appreciate what I do for them. I have no life and I don't hang out with my friends, because I have always been a Nanny to my little brothers.

I have never had the opportunity to truly get a job. A job in which I walk home with a paycheck. I am a full time babysitter, and my payment is a car. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. So before you go judge someone, maybe you should look at what is going on behind closed doors. Just because someone does not have a job, does not mean that they don’t work.

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
I'm not judging!

I'm sorry it came off that way, I wasn't trying to be derogatory. If you do all of that work, and your parents gave you a car, then that's awesome! You earned it! :thumbsup: You're working for the car, that's in tune with what I had said. All I was referring to is parents who give children cars for no reason. And, even that said, it doesn't bother me, it's just not something that I believe in. I think a car is a big responsibility that someone should work for, not just be handed. I think the same goes for a 2k car or a 50k car, as I said.

- Jibbly