GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat (#2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Weren't you the guy who was going to try haggis and you won't eat sushi rolls? Why not? If done right it's excellent.

09vdubgti

Banned
I said I wouldnt mind trying the Haggis. I have tried Sushi, just didn't like it...It was a while ago that I tried it, I could give it another try. However not sure if I want to. Even then, I wouldn't know what to get.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
If raw fish isn't your game (and in Jersey it probably shouldn't be) then stick to things like crab and shrimp tempura rolls first. My local sushi place makes terrific spicy crab and shrimp tempura rolls and that's how I got my start. He also does a smoked salmon & cream cheese roll along with the green roll, my favorite (crab, cream cheese, and sliced kiwi on top).

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I had no idea they were already taking reservations for the X, another cool looking car. Only thing is, what about when you park in a parking garage? You cant fully raise the doors up, lol. There are a lot of parking garages around here.

Huh, I didn't even think about that... We don't have a ton of parking garages here, though I suppose you could just always park on the top level.

09vdubgti

Banned
If raw fish isn't your game (and in Jersey it probably shouldn't be) then stick to things like crab and shrimp tempura rolls first. My local sushi place makes terrific spicy crab and shrimp tempura rolls and that's how I got my start. He also does a smoked salmon & cream cheese roll along with the green roll, my favorite (crab, cream cheese, and sliced kiwi on top).

When you say crab, do you mean like the crab meat from the legs or the body? Not a fan of crab tbh. And we do get fresh fish here, we have the Atlantic. During the summer, we'll take a half hour drive or so down to one of the fish ports, and buy fish that just came out of the water.

Huh, I didn't even think about that... We don't have a ton of parking garages here, though I suppose you could just always park on the top level.

Very true...

it's another drawback of living in a densely populated area, lots of garages over here. Especially the closer you get to the city.

I was looking at their Teslas site earlier and saw that the gov't gives a very nice tax credit when you purchase one.

09vdubgti

Banned
Not bad at all, plus theres also some other little perks of having an electric vehicle. Like being able to use the HOV lanes.

Where did the inspiration on getting a Tesla come from?

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
We went Christmas shopping in one of the high-end malls in Portland, Tesla set up in a store to market the Model S and the Roadster. I've never seen that done before, but that's really smart for a company that isn't known well.

09vdubgti

Banned
Ohhh Haley..thats okay, you don't have to get me anything for christmas :laugh: (cough**surface**cough)

I've heard of those retail stores, which is kind of a cool concept since they don't have conventional dealers and since its at a mall. The traffic they get is a lot higher than a standalone dealer. There's one of them at the Mall of Short Hills, here in NJ, which is also a very very high end mall. Well time to continue shopping, <3 cyber monday....

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
I made a huge mistake

I thought that my 7-9 page paper was due next Tuesday... turns out its tomorrow. As of this morning when I found that out I had a paragraph written. So after class I headed straight for the library where in two hours I had finished two pages. Then I got hungry so I left the library only to see my professor in a little motorized scooter (she had surgery). So I held the door open for her and asked her how she was doing, I told her that I had made the mistake of thinking the paper was due next week and she asked me if I'd like to turn it in on Wednesday. THANK THE HEAVENS. But I celebrated with a few beers (for work, but none of my coworkers showed up) and now I'm too loopy and sleepy to work on the paper.

How is everyone else tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.