GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official GVRD chat thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, the "Olympic Lane" they've shut down on Cambie is already messing with my commute home, but I'm starting and finishing 30 minutes earlier so it's not hurting me too badly.

Yeah, by Friday though... yeeee!

Parking anywhere downtown is too expensive, with or without the Olympics. :frown:

babydubz

bagged life.
Car(s)
09 GTI (SOLD)
^ I think the Olympic Lanes are dumb. Heck, all the "changes" they've made are dumb. I used to be pro-Olympics but as the opening date draws closer and closer and I see more of these closures/changes, the more I'm jumping the bandwagon. Especially hate the new bus reroutes to UBC.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
^ I think the Olympic Lanes are dumb. Heck, all the "changes" they've made are dumb. I used to be pro-Olympics but as the opening date draws closer and closer and I see more of these closures/changes, the more I'm jumping the bandwagon. Especially hate the new bus reroutes to UBC.

They closed down Wesbrook and East Mall with security checkpoints now.

Not that I used them anyways... Marine Drive so much more fun, haha.

UGbunny

Ready to race!
I was on the way to YVR to pick-up some friends
tonight(Wed). Police everywhere, drive smart bro.

Darthchilli

I R FASTA
Car(s)
BMP GTI 4door
which is why i choose to use pubic transit
I realize, the fucking canadaline is AMAZINGLY fast

as for the Olympics, yea i dont like all these stupid closures, but what i can say for sure is
why not go out and enjoy the sights and sound of Vancouver!

I have been chasing the Olympic torch around town the past few days and i will continue to wear myself out for the next 2-3 weeks until the olympics are over.

I cant wait till friday
3pm Heineken House opens
go in
and watch opening from there

Darthchilli

I R FASTA
Car(s)
BMP GTI 4door
OLYMPICS WOOHOO

IM FUCKING HAMMERED MOTHERFUCKERS
WE NEED A FUCKING MEET TO CELEBRATE
I CALL HEINEKEN HOUSE!!!! IM FUCKING DRINKING AND ITS 10AM!

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
I'm driving down to the GVRD from Edmonton on Tuesday! How are the roads near Surrey and New West? How are the roads to downtown Van late at night?

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Roads out by Surrey and New West should be just fine, with the exception of the Port Mann bridge from Surrey to Coquitlam, which is often congested.

Roads into downtown are more of a problem. Look up the different road closures online, but at least two major arteries (Dunsmuir and Georgia viaducts) into the core are closed.

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
I think you should worry about the roads in the rockies than here lol
I once drove from Saskatoon to Vancouver in winter and the truckers in the rockies were crazy!!
and be careful cops are EVERYWHERE in Vancouver!

UGbunny

Ready to race!
I'm driving down to the GVRD from Edmonton on Tuesday!
How are the roads near Surrey and New West? How are
the roads to downtown Van late at night?

Welcome to Vancouver, I hope you will have some good
time in town.

For the tarffic in DT Van... not too bad(better than I expected.)
slow but still moving... only few street parking available, so
if you could not lucky find one then just pull into the parking
building...

...and be careful cops are EVERYWHERE in Vancouver!

x2...

also, bring you umbrella. And a must to try Dim-Sum in town.
Have fun!

Darthchilli

I R FASTA
Car(s)
BMP GTI 4door
OK...
i respect all the comments the above have made about driving the downtown core. If you plan on drinking the nite away and dont mind the walk, the west end of downtown is where you can park. if its the afternoon mornings and such, well, skytrain i to downtown is ur best bet. the closures are a pain, but i've now found myself enjoyin the skytrain

Believe me, ive been trekkin the downtown core ALOT during the past few days, so i can be the olympic tourguide ahahahah

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Thanks guys. I'm actually from BC (lived in BC for 17 years) and all my friends and relatives I grew up with live there but somehow I ended up in Edmonton. :biggrin:

gtnub

Ready to race!
Yeah most traffic hasn't been too bad for me. I would guess the only real congested routes are from downtown to Richmond, Cypress, or Whistler.

Darth what's the Heineken house like?

Status
Not open for further replies.