GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Inauguration Day Thread

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
And now Trump is calling for martial law in Chicago? Tweet link: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/824080766288228352

How are conservatives going to argue the merits of small and limited government when they have this pompous idiot going through executive orders like its candy?

First, if you don't realize the irony of this then where have you been the last 8 years? Obama practically said f**k Congress and did almost whatever he wanted, when he wanted.

Second, referencing your "he is a threat to the world and should be opposed by any means" comment, no one is making you stay here and I challenge you to find a better deal elsewhere. Instead of once again accusing a massive bloc of voters (tens of millions) of being genocide craving, maybe your party should get back into reality and stop driving the hardest working population into oblivion to secure the voters in the very upper and lower echelon.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I dont know why people are against have an actual border or enforcing immigration rules/law.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I hope he fails at building a wall and I hope he fails at whipping up more hatred against minorities in this country.

I also hope he fails in his quest to curtail women's reproductive rights worldwide.

I hope he fails in curtailing environmental regulations because all of us should value clean air and drinkable water.

I hope he fails in his quest to spark a Crusade from Morocco to Indonesia. Trump supporters in general have an unhealthy hatred of Muslims that lean on the side of genocide, and I've seen this hatred first-hand so no one can deny this.

Sorry man, but we don't see eye to eye on this one. Trump is a threat to the world and he needs to be opposed by any means necessary. His supporters won't grasp the gravity of the threat he is to the rest of the planet.

maybe you misunderstood the statement. I hope he fails at all of those things as well.

red_stapler

Ready to race!
First, if you don't realize the irony of this then where have you been the last 8 years? Obama practically said f**k Congress and did almost whatever he wanted, when he wanted.

It's interesting how that changes based on your perspective. The way I understood it was more like Obama saying "What can the President get done with an obstructionist Congress?" I personally don't see executive orders as a bad thing, but it might be worth noting that Obama signed the fewest EOs per year of any president since the late 1800s.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
It's interesting how that changes based on your perspective. The way I understood it was more like Obama saying "What can the President get done with an obstructionist Congress?" I personally don't see executive orders as a bad thing, but it might be worth noting that Obama signed the fewest EOs per year of any president since the late 1800s.
Yeah I was going to chime in on this point as well. Obama didn't just wave the big stick, he worked with congress to get versions of things passed.

People act like the affordable care act was an executive order.

Sent from phone Tapa

brobst

Go Kart Champion

Second, referencing your "he is a threat to the world and should be opposed by any means" comment, no one is making you stay here and I challenge you to find a better deal elsewhere. Instead of once again accusing a massive bloc of voters (tens of millions) of being genocide craving, maybe your party should get back into reality and stop driving the hardest working population into oblivion to secure the voters in the very upper and lower echelon.
You second paragraph is what bothers me here. Yeah most Americans will agree, that America is the best place to live. But just because its the best, doesn't mean we can ignore its faults. I'm sure back in the 60s many African Americans wanted to stay in America during civil rights, or back in the 10s 20s, women wanted to stay during woman's suffrage. But both groups still had their respective issues with what was going on in the nation at the time. We can love our country and disagree with it.

Sent from phone Tapa

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
An obstructionist Congress can exist by the intent of our founding fathers. When this happens, it represents a massive difference in agenda and desires of the urban zones and the people of the greater geographic America. One party controlling Congress and the other the white house, means more states/counties support one while the urban centers support the other. Government is purposefully inefficient by design.
You second paragraph is what bothers me here. Yeah most Americans will agree, that America is the best place to live. But just because its the best, doesn't mean we can ignore its faults. I'm sure back in the 60s many African Americans wanted to stay in America during civil rights, or back in the 10s 20s, women wanted to stay during woman's suffrage. But both groups still had their respective issues with what was going on in the nation at the time. We can love our country and disagree with it.

Sent from phone Tapa
I certainly don't oppose disagree with the government. I choose to serve in the military to ensure we can fight for change as long as this great country survives. But, saying we should adamantly oppose and root against our Commander in Chief, to me, is like saying you hope your Uber driver is drunk.

lostk

Ready to race!

why didnt u take ur own advice and move to russia when obama was in office???

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
why didnt u take ur own advice and move to russia when obama was in office???

Because I never rooted against him and even chose to serve under his administration? In fact I think highly of him and that he will go down as one of the greatest public speakers of our time

lostk

Ready to race!
Because I never rooted against him and even chose to serve under his administration? In fact I think highly of him and that he will go down as one of the greatest public speakers of our time

how can u honestly go from obama to trump...cant understand this and im being honest here..no troll attempt. ..

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
how can u honestly go from obama to trump...cant understand this and im being honest here..no troll attempt. ..

Well I went to sleep on a Thursday and woke up on Friday. Then poof, he was our president.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
im serious...how did u go from supporting obama to supporting trump...

Oh I was never an Obama supporter lmao. Don't twist me saying I didn't root against his success as him being my candidate. I'm just not an asshole who would rather see the nation suffer than one man succeed

Uberryan

Banned
Oh I was never an Obama supporter lmao. Don't twist me saying I didn't root against his success as him being my candidate. I'm just not an asshole who would rather see the nation suffer than one man succeed

See, this is the mentality of the left, or rather the small minded left which happens to comprise about 85% of the left. They are unwilling to hear both sides of the argument, they are unwilling to consider cooperating with their opposition to work for a greater compromise. All they see is red, and they aim to piss, bitch, shit, moan, and whine until they have their way. Literal human garbage. I don't think even most on the right really think Trump is a good candidate, but Clinton wasn't going to get the white house no matter what to them, and to many in the middle, and apparently to quite a bit of people who once voted democrat.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
See, this is the mentality of the left, or rather the small minded left which happens to comprise about 85% of the left. They are unwilling to hear both sides of the argument, they are unwilling to consider cooperating with their opposition to work for a greater compromise. All they see is red, and they aim to piss, bitch, shit, moan, and whine until they have their way. Literal human garbage. I don't think even most on the right really think Trump is a good candidate, but Clinton wasn't going to get the white house no matter what to them, and to many in the middle, and apparently to quite a bit of people who once voted democrat.

The crazy thing is, traditionally people who work and are in unions support the democratic candidate. Republicans are big time against unions through the past century. But, how many people working in a factory building fords and chevys and dodges give two fucks about whether or not a transgender can use a bathroom of his/her/it's choice. How many of those people give two shits about whether San Francisco should be able to refuse federal immigration law and still receive federal funding? Until the left figures that simple predicament out, it's Trumpenomics for now.