GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Inauguration Day Thread

Uberryan

Banned
ok ill stop...if its coming from other dems ill listen

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Dude , you need to dial down the hate a little bit. I you cant post something productive while being respectful at the same time, just stop. You are giving the rest of us democrats a bad name.
I think this post brings up a good point.
What lostk is trying to illustrate is that Pres. Trump gives the rest of the republicans or those that supported him a bad look by association.
Just like this post is claiming for lostk and democrats.

Sent from phone Tapa

Uberryan

Banned
I think this post brings up a good point.
What lostk is trying to illustrate is that Pres. Trump gives the rest of the republicans or those that supported him a bad look by association.
Just like this post is claiming for lostk and democrats.

Sent from phone Tapa

No, I don't think he's that intelligent to weave such a cryptic message. He's just falling in line with the same leftist jargon that lost them the election. I stand in the middle. I'm a libertarian for just about everything except open borders, but there was no chance in hell I was going to be pleased with Clinton in office.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I made this thread guys. I only made it just so the OT thread didn't get infested with political rants. I just wanted it contained at least, which I have at least succeeded in :laugh:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I don't think anything dramatic will change...at least nothing that effects the common person. The two other spectrums(the rich and poor) will probably see changes in how their business is handled.

I disagree.

Women's rights will be rolled back, especially in regards of reproductive rights.

And same-sex marriage? Texas is already starting:

How could an explicitly anti-gay spousal benefits policy pass muster in light of Windsor and Obergefell, which established a constitutional right for same-sex couples to marry? Gay rights opponents alleged that these decisions were essentially limited to same-sex couples’ right to obtain a marriage certificate—and that the government retains the power to deny them other rights and privileges associated with marriage. As long as states let gay people get married, they argue, the government can still treat their marriages as inferior to opposite-sex unions.

At least one Texas Supreme Court justice is on the record endorsing this theory. Justice John Devine, the court’s fiercest culture warrior, wrote in September that the court should have taken the case and permitted Houston (and other Texas cities) to refuse spousal benefits to same-sex couples. “Marriage is a fundamental right,” Devine wrote. “Spousal benefits are not.” He explained that Texas has an “interest in encouraging procreation,” speculating that “offering certain benefits to opposite-sex couples would encourage procreation within marriage.”

I wonder how dead_catz is going to argue against this.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Well the woman's march showed us some interesting things. While 53% of white women voted republican, there were a good amount out protesting as well.
We simply can't group everyone into overarching categories though.

We need to move past the election though and look at our two party system and electoral college. Those things are whats holding us back in progress

Sent from phone Tapa

Unfortunately, there were plenty of women on social media who denigrated the protestors and questioned why they needed to march.

Never underestimate 'internalized misogyny' of many women, starting with Tomi Lahren for starters.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm past the election at this point. If we can get past the mudslinging, maybe we can have a productive discussion

Sent from phone Tapa

^

I got into it with a guy on facebook who said some dumb shit like "I'm going to do whatever I can to make him fail"

People realize that the more he fails, the more EVERYONE suffers right? He sucks. I get it, why wouldn't people want to focus their efforts on making it better vs making it worse?

red_stapler

Ready to race!
People realize that the more he fails, the more EVERYONE suffers right? He sucks. I get it, why wouldn't people want to focus their efforts on making it better vs making it worse?

I've been asking the same thing about members of Congress for ~8 years now. If we're going to fix this, it needs to start with eliminating "We oppose the opposition on everything even if we agree with them."

lostk

Ready to race!
^

I got into it with a guy on facebook who said some dumb shit like "I'm going to do whatever I can to make him fail"

he shouldnt be putting out polarizing positions that cause more division then...

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
^

I hope he fails at building a wall and I hope he fails at whipping up more hatred against minorities in this country.

I also hope he fails in his quest to curtail women's reproductive rights worldwide.

I hope he fails in curtailing environmental regulations because all of us should value clean air and drinkable water.

I hope he fails in his quest to spark a Crusade from Morocco to Indonesia. Trump supporters in general have an unhealthy hatred of Muslims that lean on the side of genocide, and I've seen this hatred first-hand so no one can deny this.

Sorry man, but we don't see eye to eye on this one. Trump is a threat to the world and he needs to be opposed by any means necessary. His supporters won't grasp the gravity of the threat he is to the rest of the planet.