GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parts for highline rear camera retrofit

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Sorry for the delay @Meesters! Pin 3 in the 4-pin connector connects to pin 6 (Signal) in the 8-pin connector IAW the wiring diagrams above. I made my own wire to connect these two connections as it would typically go through a 2-pin THK. See the yellow wire below:

IMG_1540.jpeg
IMG_1539.jpeg

Pin 4 (Red/Yellow through a 3-pin connector that I made to Purple/Red) on the 4-pin connector goes to pin 1 (see 8-pin connector above, power to SC18 through connection point B316 (same on lowline and highline)) on the 8-pin connector. I like to have everything reversible so I have that connection point I made between these pins based upon the original configuration so I can easily put the Lowline camera back in. I got the connector off of Ali and the pins off of digikey.

IMG_1542.jpeg
IMG_1542.jpeg

It feels like forever since I did this mod so I had to take apart my hatch to get a better look at it. Otherwise the Can-bus low/high wires need to pulled from the 5F module (Pin 8 (brown) / 4 (Orange)).

Aliexpress Pins Here
Digikey Female Pins Here P/N - 5-963715-6
Digikey Male Pins Here P/N - 963730-1

Had to do a bit of research to find these. I have the P/Ns for a lot of the other small gauge pins off of digikey as well. A lot cheaper than buying OEM repin wires.

Last edited:

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
@Kushdaiin

No worries, my cam is not there already and great thanks for answering.

I'm sorry for still not understanding completely. Maybe from your perspective it is totally clear, but for me it is not, maybe because I'm thinking the wrong way.

For me there are 2 options.

Option 1: I pull the yellow wire(pin3) from the 4 pin circled plug, and put it directly in 8 pin connector on cam. (this is how I understand your explanation)

Option 2: I pull the yellow wire(pin3) from the 4 pin circled plug. Leave it for what it is, and make a new wire between this pin3 and pin6 from 8 pin connector. (this is how my logical thinking wants me to understand it ;))

Wich option is the correct one.

Sorry for not immediately understanding and thanks in advance!

Furthermore, very nice that you make things reversible. I like to do such myself also when possible.

Chris

(And oh yeah, I'm colorblind:D, mostly only pin numbers are useful to me, but the yellow wire stands out me (y))

Last edited:

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
@Kushdaiin

After you edited your post I understand what you are saying and it is option 2 from my previous post. Right?

Thank you very much! And everybody else offcourse for donating useful information in this topic

Chris.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
@Kushdaiin

After you edited your post I understand what you are saying and it is option 2 from my previous post. Right?

Thank you very much! And everybody else offcourse for donating useful information in this topic

Chris.
Sorry. I was updating to the update to the post with pin part numbers :ROFLMAO:. Option 2 is the way to do it.

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
So, Cam installed, didn't already check for problem with ground, no ground installed, and it works fine. Concerned hardware I must say.

I replaced only cam module and kept my flip badge. My hw version is 5Q0980556B and I mentioned there is no dataset for this cam for golf 7. Now I found out that hw version for golf 7 should be 5Q0980568B @mr-fix, may I ask you if you could confirm you have this hw pn?

Has anyone experience with this situation, and does anyone think it would be a good Idea to flash 5Q0980556B with 5Q0980568B software?

Happy to hear from anyone.

Thanks, Chris

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Well, guidelines are way off, I now use dataset for Skoda superb. Calibration might solve that maybe, fingers crossed for that.

Just took the gamble and tried to flash it with 5Q0980568B 0250 version, but it failed. I tried to override "expected idents" in Odis, but didn't work. Cam still working.

Again, maybe calibration will level the guidelines properly, lets hope for that.

If anyone has any advice, I would like to hear.

Chris.