GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Photography Class

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Noob_2.0T said:
this has no editing done to it. I have the same photo edited but i thought i read to not edit the pics other then a re-size if you have too.

=Noob_2.0T said:
yeah it is in quote #62 on here. I know it is underexposed it was cloudy that day when i took it. I got a few more i would like to post up also

That is correct.

The original intent and purpose of this class (as I saw it being laid out) was to help people with some of the fundamentals of shooting, especially with their cars (and other subjects as well with the information given). Since we are a car community, and people here share a love of their cars, this was originally made to help people that wanted to get some pictures of their vehicles so they could feel proud and appreciate their vehicles more.

You didn't have to be pro or even own a digital SLR (though, the class seemed more oriented towards D-SLR folks that either just got their camera or still trying to figure their camera out), but more of being able to get some good photos of your cars straight off the camera (p-chopping can be done later on to help "enhance" the photo, but without a good photo to start with, you will be editing a bad photo to an slightly okay photo). :thumbsup:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Not exactly sure how to link to a specific Flickr photo, but here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92133976@N05/8384272091/in/photostream/

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
^Thanks!

I took about 50 pictures at the shoot I had today, and that turned out to be the best one. The others either turned out too light or too dark or the sun shined on my car too much.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Nice pic. I think it is a bit out of focus. Do you zoom in on your focus point to check focus?

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man. And is it out of focus? It doesn't really seem like it, but no, I didn't check my focus point.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
I haven't read other posts yet, but I'd totally be happy to participate in being a "student"
I took some photo classes in HS and it has always been a fun side hobby for me. I could use the practice and advice.

-edit

If it's not too late I'd like to join in. If not,it's no biggie.

I'm only the phone right now, so here is the equipment I own/have access to.

Canon XSi
EFS 18-55mm IS lens
32gb class 10 sd
Off brand tripod
Eyepiece extender
EFS 28-135mm IS ultrasonic macro lens+uv filter+hood(current getting rid of it)
Remote shutter release

Sent via a microwave.

Last edited:

Jeka1

Ready to race!
Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
F-stop: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/200 sec.
ISO speed: ISO - 100
Exposure bias: 0 step
Focal length: 85mm

Rule of thirds: completely ignored!

corona.jpg

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
F-stop: f/14
Exposure time: 1/50 sec.
ISO speed: ISO - 100
Exposure bias: 0 step
Focal length: 50mm

Better composition:
corona 2.jpg

09vdubgti

Banned
I don't care about rules when it comes to photography...

I do whatever I want, shoot however I want...

also it's underexposed.