GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pistons?

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Square1

Go Kart Champion
No, they don't appear to be notched for the oil squirters.

If you want JEs buy from Pagparts, the ones JE makes to their specs are good to go.

Downside of JEs is they expand more, so looser fit is required, but the upside is it's an extremely strong alloy.

I've heard that about JE's. Apparently they make one hell of a racket when cold. I didn't realize JE was making them to individual customer's specs. That's good to know. Thanks

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
That advice about staying 82.5mm didn’t stick huh.

poor advise IMO, piston to wall clearance is something that should be set, not something you are left with.

I opted for 83mm JE Ultra series, heading to the dyne December 23rd, will update you on how they fair.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That advice about staying 82.5mm didn’t stick huh.

poor advise IMO, piston to wall clearance is something that should be set, not something you are left with.

I opted for 83mm JE Ultra series, heading to the dyne December 23rd, will update you on how they fair.

Staying with 82.5mm pistons is not poor advise. You move up to 83mm only if you have to.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Multi port injection o ring busted and shot gas all over the place and ignited. burnt the entire engine bay up 27000 dollars in damage. So i have an A3 now big turbo.

Wow that sucks but it sounds like you're happy with the outcome.