GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potheads have smaller brains?? STORY AT 11!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I see what you are saying there Dude... but I never see deaths from alcohol ODs. Just stupid decisions that lead to it based on impairment while behind the wheel of a car. People go to bars and then make a dumb decision. Just wondering if the legalization of marijuana will lead to more impaired drivers and as such higher traffic incidents involving that impairment.

With my effective dose of alcohol I couldn't hit a baseball off a tee but with the herb I can hit an 85mph fastball. So it doesn't affect my motor skills negatively in any way. As far as making the decision to start a bar fight or something? On herb highly unlikey. Whiskey... different story:laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I doubt it. I've driven drunk a few times, high once. I would never do either again. I think drunk is worse because you feel like you can do anything. At least weed makes you paranoid and thus cautious. They're definitely both bad news though.

But I agree with the above, people who would drive high are already doing it. Also, most people smoke at home and chill, not out at bars, I don't think legalization changes that much, it's just something that makes you want to relax in comfort. And even outside of driving alcohol hurts people all the time from fights, poor decisions, etc. That stuff just doesn't happen with pot.

Neither one is good but alcohol is definitely worse.

I completely agree with this statement, but the legalization of pot would make MORE people apt to use it. With the added ease of access to it, a higher likelihood of driving impaired would surely follow.

I do realize the effects of alcohol and weed are vastly different. But an impaired driver is an impaired driver, and more of them on the road would certainly lead to more accidents. I have certainly seen many accidents from impaired drivers who only smoked some weed and had no alcohol.

I think I will ask a cop friend of mine the percentage of weed vs alcohol related DUI's.

Will report back.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
With my effective dose of alcohol I couldn't hit a baseball off a tee but with the herb I can hit an 85mph fastball. So it doesn't affect my motor skills negatively in any way. As far as making the decision to start a bar fight or something? On herb highly unlikey. Whiskey... different story:laugh:

I hear that. I understand that. But, more people smoking weed because it is legal means more people will be impaired and potentially making the wrong decision.

Working Friday and Saturday nights, we do hear of all the bar fights as we are called out to medically clear the dumbasses. Sometimes we go weeks without responding. I am sure big cities are totally different though.

Alcohol is far worse. I am just saying a legalization of marijuana could INCREASE the dangers associated with the use of it.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I completely agree with this statement, but the legalization of pot would make MORE people apt to use it. With the added ease of access to it, a higher likelihood of driving impaired would surely follow.

I do realize the effects of alcohol and weed are vastly different. But an impaired driver is an impaired driver, and more of them on the road would certainly lead to more accidents. I have certainly seen many accidents from impaired drivers who only smoked some weed and had no alcohol.

I think I will ask a cop friend of mine the percentage of weed vs alcohol related DUI's.

Will report back.

My group of hippy friends often smoke while driving on road trips. This has been going on for over 15 years. Not one accident. They smoke very heavily though. Varies by individual. An inexperienced smoker driving for the first time? That could be interesting:laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
My group of hippy friends often smoke while driving on road trips. This has been going on for over 15 years. Not one accident. They smoke very heavily though. Varies by individual. An inexperienced smoker driving for the first time? That could be interesting:laugh:

Right. And legal marijuana will lead to many new smokers of it leading to a bunch of high idiots.

I am on board with the legalization of it. Who the fuck cares? If alcohol is legal why the hell not marijuana? So many positive aspects to legalization. Tax dollars should be the big one for the government. Idiots.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I've never touched it but I'd try the stuff if/when it's fully legalized - not smoking it though. Smoke of all varieties is nasty.

I'm too cheap/paranoid to go drink at bars so I don't have much danger of bar fights or DUI's either way. DUI laws are so ridiculous I refuse to even drink with meals. On top of that we even have a zero tolerance policy at work. Have a glass of wine with lunch? You can be fired on the spot. Fucking insane, especially considering it's a Swiss company and no such policy exists in the non-US locations.

Fucking puritans need to get their influence out of this damn country, fuck thanksgiving... :lol:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Right. And legal marijuana will lead to many new smokers of it leading to a bunch of high idiots.

I am on board with the legalization of it. Who the fuck cares? If alcohol is legal why the hell not marijuana? So many positive aspects to legalization. Tax dollars should be the big one for the government. Idiots.

I really don't think that it being legal will make it more popular. I actually think that it being illegal made it dangerous and cool. People always seem to find things more satisfying if they feel they are getting away with something.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I really don't think that it being legal will make it more popular. I actually think that it being illegal made it dangerous and cool. People always seem to find things more satisfying if they feel they are getting away with something.

Really? I can give you a list of names 50 deep easily of people who would start smoking it if it were legal.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I see what you are saying there Dude... but I never see deaths from alcohol ODs. Just stupid decisions that lead to it based on impairment while behind the wheel of a car. People go to bars and then make a dumb decision. Just wondering if the legalization of marijuana will lead to more impaired drivers and as such higher traffic incidents involving that impairment.

I can see many more regulations on edible marijuana products in the near future

Ppl who aren't aware it takes longer to kick in might go for a drive
. . . . Then 30-45 mins later they are totally high while driving

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I can see many more regulations on edible marijuana products in the near future

Ppl who aren't aware it takes longer to kick in might go for a drive
. . . . Then 30-45 mins later they are totally high while driving

Could be interesting....

AbideDude

Ready to race!
They might actually try it. Who knows? If they were risk-averse enough to go this long in life without trying it yet, then I'm not too worried that all of a sudden they are going to light up behind the wheel:laugh:

Haha the Dudeness runs strong on this thread, couldn't agree more with all your points. Also first timers should never go edibles first, bad bad idea. Not exactly the home made brownies your cousin made that one time either.:thumbsup::laugh:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com