GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problem viewing the site on Safari browser

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
My 10.1.5 iMac doesn't seem to have an issue.
Rethinking the desperately needed upgrade. lol.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
well its definitly a browser problem and nothing to do with what OS or version you have. Its all how the webbrowser transslates the HTML coding. Safari does some weird translations sometimes so we have to work around that, but this is definitly strange, maybee you have an older version of safari ?

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
yo i just realized that if you streth out your browser window as fas as you can the images should all be normal, its just the size of the browser, cause if i make mine smaller, width wise, it does the same thing , so try and stretch it

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Gulfer said:
well its definitly a browser problem and nothing to do with what OS or version you have. Its all how the webbrowser transslates the HTML coding. Safari does some weird translations sometimes so we have to work around that, but this is definitly strange, maybee you have an older version of safari ?

It's definitely the latest version of Safari. My laptop is only 3 months old and I've downloaded all recent updates since then.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
lecrapper16 said:
I dont see what the big deal is, I never even noticed that before.

It's not a big deal. It's just sometimes annoying to read without borders between posts :iono:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I did some more research and it seems that with the newer versions of Safari, they've messed up the way it reads CSS which is a standard on the web for formatting colors and stuff like that. Thats why its all looking strange when you use safari but not IE.

Its a known issue with Safari right now, so nothing we can do on our side to fix it unfortunatly :( :( :( There is word of a new version of Safari coming soon that will help fix the bugs, hopefully it comes soon for all the mac people that are stuck with a weird looking golfmkv.com :( Sorry I couldnt help anymore

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
im on a pc using mozilla, and i had got the same problem... but only when the window is not fully maximized.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
GTi Fanatic said:
im on a pc using mozilla, and i had got the same problem... but only when the window is not fully maximized.

I think ppl are talking about 2 different problems. The one you are referring to is the buttons not being aligned up top, which is a problem with window width, which isnt really a problem, its just the way we designed it with a banner and the car graphic being atleast 900 pixels wide

The other problem the safari ppl are talking about is how the light grey background is missing from the forum list

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Gulfer said:
Ok I did some more research and it seems that with the newer versions of Safari, they've messed up the way it reads CSS which is a standard on the web for formatting colors and stuff like that. Thats why its all looking strange when you use safari but not IE.

Its a known issue with Safari right now, so nothing we can do on our side to fix it unfortunatly :( :( :( There is word of a new version of Safari coming soon that will help fix the bugs, hopefully it comes soon for all the mac people that are stuck with a weird looking golfmkv.com :( Sorry I couldnt help anymore

That's cool. I appreciate you at least acknowledging it. I'll deal with it until the Safari update is released.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Just got a iMac and I use safari too.

For anyone that hasn't figured it out yet, if you change the forum look down the very bottom left from "FAST" to "lighter", it should render correctly... using the lighter scheme of course.

Pretty happy with my mac.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
I had the same problem with my Mac Mini, so I just downloaded Firefox (better browser then Safari IMO) and it works fine.

Mark Fx

Like Gulfer said...it's the browser, not the OS and there isn't really anything that can be done without screwing up the site for everyone else.

However, when I first saw your picture, I didn't realize that you were talking about the solid grey background, I thought you were trying to draw attention to the top of the page where the banner is. Now THAT is some freaky stuff going on up there. I didn't even realize that Safari was having trouble with the stylesheet until I logged on t the site at work on an XP machine. :rolleyes:

To see some of the issues with browser compatibility, check out the Webmonkey site.

Last edited:

ArrozConPollo

Autocross Champion
I have a Dell with OSX 10.4.6 and the only solution so far is to download a different browser that'll do what Safari isn't doing. I use OPERA, to browse, but I do find it annoying that it won't display correctly on Safari. I like Safari....

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I tried Camino for a while, and it displays the site fine, but I came back to Safari for the RSS capability and prefer the integration of Safari...