GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchase thread....

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Yeah I haven't opened anything yet either, but i've heard great things about their products.Hoping to test it out next tuesday when my da polisher arrives.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I haven't opened anything yet either, but i've heard great things about their products.Hoping to test it out next tuesday when my da polisher arrives.

Which DA did you buy and what product(s) do you plan to use with it? I've about given up on CG stuff to be honest, but there are a couple items I would still buy from them on sale. I've started buying CarPro products and have been very happy.

Oh, here's a pic I snapped today while packing up from car camping. The Thule bars, basket and net are new and worked great considering we went to this smaller vehicle.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Which DA did you buy and what product(s) do you plan to use with it? I've about given up on CG stuff to be honest, but there are a couple items I would still buy from them on sale. I've started buying CarPro products and have been very happy.

Oh, here's a pic I snapped today while packing up from car camping. The Thule bars, basket and net are new and worked great considering we went to this smaller vehicle.

How do you like that truck?

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
How do you like that truck?

I like it a lot. It's the wife's daily and she loves it too, which is really more important. :)

It's the 3.2l V6 and has good horsepower, but I think it's down a little on torque when comparing it to the 4.0l Xterra it replaced.

With the 9 speed automatic we pulled off 24MPG average on the 300 mile trip which was a fully loaded vehicle with 2 large coolers filled and a lot of mountains where the instant MPG was pegged a "2" for a lot of the uphill climbs. The Xterra could never break into the 20's, even running light. :)

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
:)
I like it a lot. It's the wife's daily and she loves it too, which is really more important. :)

It's the 3.2l V6 and has good horsepower, but I think it's down a little on torque when comparing it to the 4.0l Xterra it replaced.

With the 9 speed automatic we pulled off 24MPG average on the 300 mile trip which was a fully loaded vehicle with 2 large coolers filled and a lot of mountains where the instant MPG was pegged a "2" for a lot of the uphill climbs. The Xterra could never break into the 20's, even running light. :)

Those have grown on me and yours look good with those racks. Wife and I are in the market for a vehicle like that.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
:)

Those have grown on me and yours look good with those racks. Wife and I are in the market for a vehicle like that.

Thanks. They really option out nicely and they have a lot of features. This is my first Jeep product and I'm pretty impressed so far. Even though its smaller it has the towing package and can tow something like 5,000 pounds so a trailer is also an option if needed.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!

I bought the Griots Garage 6 inch polisher with an assortment of Lake Country 6 1/2" pads. I plan to use it with V36 from chemical guys to remove minor scratches and marring from the dealer washing it when I told them not too. Then to top it off with blacklight. Not to sure about the V36, but I heard great things about blacklight and hybrid v7.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I bought the Griots Garage 6 inch polisher with an assortment of Lake Country 6 1/2" pads. I plan to use it with V36 from chemical guys to remove minor scratches and marring from the dealer washing it when I told them not too. Then to top it off with blacklight. Not to sure about the V36, but I heard great things about blacklight and hybrid v7.

Cool. I have the GG 6" and 3" units and a bunch of the LC pads. They work very well and you should be happy. First step: remove the handle on the GG and just use your hand on the head. That makes it much easier to control vs. that handle.

I used the 6" unit with Meguiars M105/M205 on the Jeep, the dealer trashed the paint when they prepped it and used a glaze to hide it. After I got it to about 95% I applied OptiCoat 2.0 on it. It took about 9 hours to do, but looks damned good now in the sun or under florescent lights.

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Cool. I have the GG 6" and 3" units and a bunch of the LC pads. They work very well and you should be happy. First step: remove the handle on the GG and just use your hand on the head. That makes it much easier to control vs. that handle.

I used the 6" unit with Meguiars M105/M205 on the Jeep, the dealer trashed the paint when they prepped it and used a glaze to hide it. After I got it to about 95% I applied OptiCoat 2.0 on it. It took about 9 hours to do, but looks damned good now in the sun or under florescent lights.

Nice,Thanks for the tips! The only reason I got the polisher was when I first got the car the dealer insisted on "detailing" it and scratched the heck out of it. After that the dealer washed it twice when I told them not to and added more scratches. I usually rinse the car first with a foam gun and then use the two bucket method, but that some how still got minor scratches in my paint(not to bad).Maybe from the microfiber towels I bought from costco?

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Maybe from the microfiber towels I bought from costco?

YES. Throw them away, or at least don't use them on paint.

Prepare to spend some cash on good plush MF towels and maintain them properly. I like the ones I've gotten from theragcompany.com

GTIMK6_

Ready to race!
Yeah I heard great things about the rag company, but I thought it was weird that they made you spend at least 30 dollars to buy something. I might just buy a couple for the paint and windows from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I don't want to derail this thread for others, but prepare to spend a lot. :)

I use about 8-12 different towels when I wash one of the cars. I've "invested" a little over $1k into microfibers in the last year. You need different ones for different things, the weight (GSM) and length of the nap make a large difference in what they do.

Also, the cheaper MF towels will just push liquid around and they will scratch your surface. You want ones that absorb. Another a good test is if you can rub the palm of your hand on the material and not have the MF "catch" your skin, it should just feel soft. Waffle Weaves are awesome for drying and cleaning glass.

Also, what you use to wash your car makes a difference. I used to use the Chemical Guys "Workhorse" microfibers, but they were pretty poor and added some marks. Now I only use those on interiors. Now I use the Incredimitt and Incredipad for washing. They are a bit pricey, but they work great. Google them for more info.

Last edited: