GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replica Oakleys?

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
So on my recent visit to Punta Cana I lost my beloved Oakley sunglasses when I forgot they were on my head and jumped into the ocean. They were a gift from my sister so I was totally bummed but slightly amazed I didn't lose them or break them in the 3 years I had them.

Anyhoo... I've decided I'm prob not going to invest in another real pair for fear of something like this happening again and I was wondering if anyone had experience or knowledge about some fake / replica oakleys. Yes, I know you get what you pay for and the quality won't be nearly as good but I can't afford $100+ for sunglasses these days.

So, can anyone help me out here? Where to buy (on the web I'm guessing) that is safe and how much are we talking. I'm thinking around $20 or so.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Oakleys are not that expensive, just buy an authentic pair you and your eyes will be much happier in the end run. There are certain things not to skimp on, Sunglasses are one of the them. The protection they give your eyes from the bright sun is invaluable.

Replica Sunglasses may look like the real thing, but their lense will provide no protection to your eyes at all. I purchased a pair on eBay. I thought they were authentic, but when I received them, I immediately knew they were fake.

Oakley is an American Based business that provides huge discounts to our Military, Law Enforcement and Fire Rescue personnel .

This just my $.02. AXO

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I would check Craigslist or Ebay for a person selling their pair that do not want any more. A couple of my friends have bought some legit Arnettes/Oakleys/Ray Bans via Ebay that were "slightly" used (minor scratches on either the lens or frame) for very cheap (<$50), so it is possible. Good luck man

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
$20 Sea Strikers. Got em....love them. Had Costa Triple Tails before......waste of money.

GTI'10man

Ready to race!
Oakleys are awesome. You should, If you can, invest in another pair. But can't help with a replica pair sorry man.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I jumped off a boat once with a pair of Oakleys on my head and lost them in the bottom of a lake. Don't feel too bad man. I would spend the money and get real ones. I wear mine almost every day and have had my current pair for 2 years.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I picked up a set of Anarchy glasses while I was in florida a few weeks ago and love them. They cost me less than half the price of Oakleys and I honestly don't notice a difference.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I have $13 Dockers sunglasses from Kohls because they work.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I'm a big fan of Oakley.

I've had my current pair longer than my car.

Their lenses are superior to most other brands... they're patented.

I picked up a pair of Polarized Fuel Cell's for $120.

I've had them 2 years... 16¢/day for them. I can deal with that. :lol:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
You buy Oakley sunglasses for the superior Optics, this is why you still see athletes wearing ugly ass M frames decades later style be damned. If you are going to buy knock offs for fear of losing them you get nothing they have to offer except their styling, which as an Oakley wearing for more than half my life is not usually what you buy them for. By all means get the knock offs if you want the look, but you'll notice the difference optically and may not be happy after having the real thing.

I crashed my motorcycle in 03 with my eye jackets in my pocket, ground down the nose bridge on the pavement but they still fit and worked. I wore them for years since they still worked optically and that is all I cared about. Family had other opinions and I didn't replace them until my mom bought me replacements as a present finally :)

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
once you go with Oakley's youll never want another pair of sunglasses. i've tried other brands and they just don't compare. Ray Bahn is the only other company i'd use. but they are exqually, if not more expensive.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Ray Ban and Oakley are owned by the same parent company now so there is a chance that some of the optics technology is shared.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
once you go with Oakley's youll never want another pair of sunglasses. i've tried other brands and they just don't compare. Ray Bahn is the only other company i'd use. but they are exqually, if not more expensive.

This. All my sunglasses area Oakley and Rayban.

Funny thing is I have a friend who's an Optometrist. All the sunglasses in the world no matter what brand are pretty much made by about 3 companies world wide. It's just branding. Gucci, Burbury, Rayban etc...given companies spend money for better quality lenses in the end they are all made by the same company.

Find a friend...My friend gets 30% off all glasses and once a year she gets 50%. So find a friend or family friend who's an Optometrist or someone who works at Sunglass Hut etc.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Ray Ban and Oakley are owned by the same parent company now so there is a chance that some of the optics technology is shared.

figures, both have awesome lenses... i wont buy anything but oakley. i have 6 pairs, one being the polarized Juliets. i bought those about 4 years ago for $360... they have actually raised in price now :)

Here's 3 of the pairs. I'm missing my gascans, my Ducati ones, and the juliets tho in this pic. I only keep the cheap ones in my car lol...