GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So have they given you an ETA of when to expect it to be finished and given back?

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
So have they given you an ETA of when to expect it to be finished and given back?
Were thinking early Fall time. Maybe sooner. Still has to go to machine shop and kit still needs to be ordered from IROZ and I still have stereo, wrap and all the CF parts that havent arrived yet that will go on at the end other than the CF Trunk lid which I need to instal first so I can put the European tail lights in and have them coded.

Im on he fence whether or not im keeping the rear windshield wiper in or not as I have a lightweight window for the CF hatch and not sure if that will work with the wiper set up as they tend to scratch very easily. The whole wiper motor assemby is sorta heavy so im sure that makes up quite a bit of the hatch weight.

I may just keep the stock rear window cause I bet it doesnt weigh much at all so probably not much weight savings there but that lid is freaking heavy AF so I dont know exactly how much of that weight is window. Maybe u guys can chime in and let me know if ur aware.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I was watching Mighty Car Mods and was just SO JEALOUS of RS3 hatch. Then I see this MY GOD THIS IS A DREAM!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1623688847970.jpeg

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Yea I mentioned Dave earlier. That car can go faster than low 9's for sure. That 100-200 is pretty sick at mid 3's. He's got the 72mm on it. They have a 76mm that a few are using now. Not sure which im going with. That 72mm seems to spool up relatively quickly for most as thats the standard 1100 kit Turbo.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yea I mentioned Dave earlier. That car can go faster than low 9's for sure. That 100-200 is pretty sick at mid 3's. He's got the 72mm on it. They have a 76mm that a few are using now. Not sure which im going with. That 72mm seems to spool up relatively quickly for most as thats the standard 1100 kit Turbo.
I think he ran a high 8s last year with about 900hp, so if he can get a clean pass it could for sure go deep 8s.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Im an audiofile so 3-way Audison Thesis will be going in with two Thesis amps and a Focal MW 10 inch sub. I have $15k budget for the stereo. Custom pods and sub enclosure. Should only add another 25 lbs of weight so not too bad.
Sigh, the want of great sounds in the car, but not wanting the extra weight by deadening doors and rear.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Sigh, the want of great sounds in the car, but not wanting the extra weight by deadening doors and rear.
lol I know trust me bro ive been struggling with it..... for both my cars actually cause the Mustang has Focal Utopia's and I just had to deaden them doors to sound right.

mfennell

Passed Driver's Ed
Not knowing anything about anything, would it be possible to swap everything out of the RS3 into the R? Instrument cluster, infotainment, body harness, etc. It would be a lot of work but it should be straightforward compared to hours and hours of fiddly pin-by-pin work marrying (then troubleshooting) two harnesses.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Not knowing anything about anything, would it be possible to swap everything out of the RS3 into the R? Instrument cluster, infotainment, body harness, etc. It would be a lot of work but it should be straightforward compared to hours and hours of fiddly pin-by-pin work marrying (then troubleshooting) two harnesses.
You'd end up doing a bunch of custom dash work. Not impossible but you're just adding work moving the additional harnesses over too.

Very curious to see what all OP had to do, if anything, fab-wise, though. Have heard all sorts of things ranging between lots of custom work to "motor/dq500 bolt right in, just need rs3 transfer case/driveshafts."