GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shooting at a Connecticut Elementary School

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
Seems like america has a school shooting yearly. Notice how this only happens in america. Thats cuz any tom dick or harry can buy a gun.

...this happens because not any tom dick or harry can carry their gun legally.

All it would have taken was one teacher from today.

All it would have taken was one citizen from the mall shooting the other day, too.

Same goes with the Dark Knight shooting.

the gun control debate will never be solved cuz both sides have good points. yes if someone had a CCW they could have stopped it before more people were killed, but if laws were stricter and not everyone could buy a gun, this could also have maybe been prevented. America has a been a gun happy nation since the beginning of time, shootings like these will happen and continue to happen.

cskm

Banned
the gun control debate will never be solved cuz both sides have good points. yes if someone had a CCW they could have stopped it before more people were killed, but if laws were stricter and not everyone could buy a gun, this could also have maybe been prevented. America has a been a gun happy nation since the beginning of time, shootings like these will happen and continue to happen.

i am canadian, and the majority of us canadians will side on your argument in this aspect. its hard to ignore statistics that america has the highest gun related mass killings in any other countries. It's hard to ignore the fact that america is also the country which is said to be one of the easiest countries to buy guns/ammo without much limitations except having enough money.

However, i also understand that one of the US constitutions states everyone has the right to bare arms. so perhaps focus should be placed more so on society as a whole.

the saying goes 'gun's dont kill people, people kill people'.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
never thought CT would see something this tragic... absolutely horrifying.

i am canadian, and the majority of us canadians will side on your argument in this aspect. its hard to ignore statistics that america has the highest gun related mass killings in any other countries. It's hard to ignore the fact that america is also the country which is said to be one of the easiest countries to buy guns/ammo without much limitations except having enough money.

However, i also understand that one of the US constitutions states everyone has the right to bare arms. so perhaps focus should be placed more so on society as a whole.

the saying goes 'gun's dont kill people, people kill people'.

its too easy to buy a gun over here. a few documents, a small waiting period and boom. The lack of thorough mental health checks is alarming. Especially cuz 90% of people who shoot up places are mentally ill and should definately not be able to buy a gun. Funny thing is I just wrote a thesis on this same issue like 3 days ago, and this just strenghtens my point, that America basically gives guns away, with no concern as to whos buying it.

Things like this dont happen in Canada, another reason why if given the opportunity Id move there in a second. Idk if people are just less violent up there, or there are less mentally ill people but the sad part is that this is becoming almost routine. Aurora movie theathre shooting, wisconsin shootings, a few days ago a mall was shot up, now this. It wont stop though and theres really nothing anyone can do.

cskm

Banned
its too easy to buy a gun over here. a few documents, a small waiting period and boom. The lack of thorough mental health checks is alarming. Especially cuz 90% of people who shoot up places are mentally ill and should definately not be able to buy a gun. Funny thing is I just wrote a thesis on this same issue like 3 days ago, and this just strenghtens my point, that America basically gives guns away, with no concern as to whos buying it.

again, i completely agree with you.

i dont have a gun, nor do i plan on it (lives in canada, dont even need to lock my doors lol) but i've heard from others who do have guns ie. hunting rifles, pistols for fun, etc and they have said that their first gun is the toughest. wait time, background check from police, etc makes the person buying the gun to really want one to have to jump through those hurdles.

again, i completely agree with you.

i dont have a gun, nor do i plan on it (lives in canada, dont even need to lock my doors lol) but i've heard from others who do have guns ie. hunting rifles, pistols for fun, etc and they have said that their first gun is the toughest. wait time, background check from police, etc makes the person buying the gun to really want one to have to jump through those hurdles.

thats exactly what we need to adopt. make it soo buying a gun is a long drawn out process, and even the slightest criminal background will get you denied.

cskm

Banned
thats exactly what we need to adopt. make it soo buying a gun is a long drawn out process, and even the slightest criminal background will get you denied.

sure idea of that sounds great, but you also have the majority of the people in US who will still live and die by their constitutional right to bare arms. especially the south lol

BurninRubber

Fast's Pilot
i'm a non-US citizen (UK born) with a minor criminal charge that doesn't even show up on my record and i could purchase a gun within the next few weeks if i chose to do so, the gun laws are not near strict enough in this nation. but the murder rate in Germany and the UK, the countries with the two strictest gun control laws in Europe, .8 and 1.2 per 100000. In the US, 4.2 per 100000. Gun control won't stop the criminally insane, it stops the borderline people. and better yet Japan, whose laws are even stricter than the European laws has a murder rate of .3 per 100000...

facts are facts. history will repeat itself. if the laws don't change... this will continue

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE

People will just resort to buying guns from the black market. If their sole purpose of buying a gun is to commit a violent crime; having to wait or jump through hoops might just deter them from legally but that doesn't mean they can't just get one illegally.

People will just resort to buying guns from the black market. If their sole purpose of buying a gun is to commit a violent crime; having to wait or jump through hoops might just deter them from legally but that doesn't mean they can't just get one illegally.

and thats always the counterargument. criminals dont care about laws so why would they go and buy a gun legally? cant stop the black market. stuff like this will never stop cuz there will always be a way to buy a gun legally or illegally. and if a person is dead set on killing people, there arent any laws that are gonna stop him

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
and thats always the counterargument. criminals dont care about laws so why would they go and buy a gun legally? cant stop the black market. stuff like this will never stop cuz there will always be a way to buy a gun legally or illegally. and if a person is dead set on killing people, there arent any laws that are gonna stop him

Exactly.

Crack is illegal, tons of crackheads out there. Pot's illegal, lets look at the perctange of Americans who follow that rule too. BAN ALL THE THINGS isn't the answer. Its a change in culture/society/morals that are needed.