GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Skater punched by kid's mom

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
skate park or not, why is the kid running around alone without ANYONE watching him.
it's a birthday.... watch you kid, dont just stand there and talk to someone else.

mom is a bitch for pushing him, seeing that he isnt a threat then also punching him. if we do live in an equal world, she should be getting charged for assault.. possibly assault on a minor.. no clue how old the kid was.
he didnt run over the kid on purpose. the kid ran into his path.

i call bad parenting.

We don't know the full scope the kid running free. The kid could have been running between his mom and moms friend, his aunt etc. We can't say that he wasn't being watched. Mom B was pretty quick to run over, she picked the kid up like she knows him. I'd say the kid was being well-watched unless we expect him to be on a leash.

Just playing devils advocate here. But I do feel anytime you're on a board, bike, whatever, you need to watch where you're going. If you see unattended kids, dogs, cats, whatever, you - as a rider - have a responsibility to look in the path for obstacles where you're going.

McQueen77

Banned

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
It looks to me like a common public area where skaters are welcome, it's crap resolution, but, if you pause the vid in full screen and look closely, the ledges have pipe for corners, and there is a rainbow rail in the background where the incident takes place.

Imglad im not the only one who noticed this. I've had this same thing happen to me before. Minus the punch. Most of the time parents are real cool when you try to help their kid up and they just call it an accident. Then again if this dude just kept going I could see the woman being pissed about it. But the dude was being really cool.

Danielj -- totally disagree with your last statement. It's a skatepark, don't have your dog in the park, don't have a little kid in the park. the riders do not have a responsibility to be watching out for other peoples kids when the kids arent supposed to be in there running around. Plus the guy did the right thing, he helped the little kid up. I know a lot of people who wont do that, theyll call the little kid "stupid like fucker" or some other set of words that in reality a kid shouldnt be hearing from some asshole.
The parks around me have rules such as no one under 9, no animals etc... Sadly those rules are overlooked by the county police, but you bet your ass the cops will give you a 250 fine for having a water bottle, 450 for not having a helmet.

edit, After watching the video again, I do find it kind of funny the kid ran right into the dudes path.

Last edited:

blankwavercade

Ready to race!

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion

nevekd128

Ready to race!
Last I checked you don't hit a woman lest your life is in danger. That's what I was always told. In fact, I'm kind of shocked at how many people's first reaction is to strike back. Of course, most of it is just macho talk.

It's not about application of the law, it's the fact that,

A) The guy is probably skateboarding illegally.

B) He hit a small child.

C) He is male and the attacker is a female.

skateboarding illegally still doesnt give an exception to the law to go vigilanty on somebody

Last edited:

Smudester

Ready to race!
We don't know the full scope the kid running free. The kid could have been running between his mom and moms friend, his aunt etc. We can't say that he wasn't being watched. Mom B was pretty quick to run over, she picked the kid up like she knows him. I'd say the kid was being well-watched unless we expect him to be on a leash.

Just playing devils advocate here. But I do feel anytime you're on a board, bike, whatever, you need to watch where you're going. If you see unattended kids, dogs, cats, whatever, you - as a rider - have a responsibility to look in the path for obstacles where you're going.

you would think the parents/guardians would have an even closer watch on the kid bc:

A: its his birthday

B: There is obviously someone skating nearby, skating is a high paced sport and i wouldnt want my own hyperactive toddler running around where an extreme sport is taking place.

I agree that it was neither parties fault, BUT, the skater did the right thing making sure the kid was alright and apologizing to the guardian, the mom was COMPLETELY in the wrong and acted way outta line, its embarrassing and childish. the skater acted more mature than the mom