GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Software update- review

Pep2272

Hi, I have a mk 8 GTi on 2020 plate. I recently took my car in for a service and they noted a travel assist problem that required a new steering wheel. They have now done this and my software has now been updated from 1668 to 1896. Since then I have had no error messages and my phone which would auto connect via Bluetooth one time in ten now connects every time. In the past I would get occasional travel assist errors but not so that it was annoying, so very happy. Just considering a dongle now to achieve wireless Android auto. The courtesy car had this and I found it really useful.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Dear Pep2272 which garage are doing the work? I am currently also having the Travel Assist sorted on my GTE at a VW garage which appears to be in the same postcode area that you live in, but there has been no talk of replacing the steering wheel. They are replacing a control unit.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I think VW’s approach to rectifying issues such as this is to work through a series of potential fixes in a specific order. For good reason, they’ll start with the lower cost potential fixes first before moving onto other, more costly fixes. Frustrating for the customer as it might involve multiple trips to the dealer before a problem is eventually sorted. @Maturedriver; If the a new control unit resolves the issue (seem to remember reading that it does in some instances) - and VW have probably stated this needs to be tried first - then replacing the steering wheel wouldn’t be necessary.

The replacement control unit might have been tried on @Pep2272 ’s car by the dealer while it was in for service before eventually moving on to ordering and fitting a new steering wheel.

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Dear Pep2272 which garage are doing the work? I am currently also having the Travel Assist sorted on my GTE at a VW garage which appears to be in the same postcode area that you live in, but there has been no talk of replacing the steering wheel. They are replacing a control unit.
They tried replacing 2 different modules with my car but no joy I had to book it back in where they replaced my steering wheel eventually, No travel assist error's since🤞