GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Software Update

Robert.L

A new TPI 2065229/1 has appeared for the reverse camera video flickering problem. The TPI tells the workshops to postpone repairs and that a software update for the infotainment unit is coming to fix the problem.
A few weeks ago the workshop replaced , again , the infotainment unit and the flickering happens a lot less now. But when i reverse in to a green background (grass, bushes) it still happens. I tried lowering the brightness and / or contrast of the video in the settings and the image stopped flickering😱. I have forwarded all this to VW Germany😉.
I've had the same problem with flashing/flickering camera. It occurs quite randomly, after 3 SW update and MMI change it seems to occure less, but when it does, it is very flustrating. My service wants to change the reverse camera, I don't believe it is going to help

R>Line>Rolly

just about everytime I get into my R there is a new fault. The front assist regularly fails with a warning message, it has decided to stop play music on apple carplay, today the parking brake failed and a few days ago it decided to go into limp home mode for no reason. The latest problem is the alarm goes off after you lock the car for no reason. And it switches on the steering heating everytime you start the car. I changed from a flawless Alfa Giulia for this appalling car. After enduring it 9 months it’s time to go as the resale values are at least strong while the chipset shortage continues.
Hi, Regarding your "Heated-Steering Wheel" issue, Im not sure if you're aware but there is a particular setting, that if switched "ON" It will automatically activate your "Heated-Steering Wheel" each time you start the car. If you press/select the "Clima" button & open up the regular "Temperature/Fan Controls".. Theres a "Settings" feature in the corner of the main screen.. Shown as the small Cog symbol (⚙️/SETTINGS) ..& on my system when i open this the "Heated~Steering Wheel" feature happens to be the only feature present. It asks something like.. (HEATED STEERING WHEEL~ Activate Each Time You Start The Ignition)
So you can set it to (ON/OFF).. I Hope this may help you resolve the problem, but apologies if you have already tried all of this.
Good Luck.. 😉