GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

springs or coil-over?????

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
allx11 said:
I just measured the gap it's goin to be low, but its even w/ the back droped 1.6. After the install the gap will be reduced to aproximatly 2 quaters of an inch! im going to doit!!! screw it :evil: i'll post the pics after the install.

:clap::clap: You're a man of action!! Can't wait to see the car. Your pics will be the first H&R cup kit pics shown in the aftermarket suspension guide thread.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I can't wait to see the results as well. Who are you going to buy them from?

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
JJ. very good info on the H&R's cup kit, too bad I already got the H&R springs from Tirerack, I'm going to call them if they allow me to return!!!!
So you think the installation cost would be the same???The APR dealer charged me $280.00 to install the springs, so is the cup kit????

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
Tirerack let me return the springs, but I pay the freight!!!!
and going to order the cup kit from Evo Sports, thanks guys!!!!!!!
(so 2 inches dropped will affect the xenon for sure???)

cmcm said:
Just got the H&R springs from Tirerack today.
I was told that the coilover is way better than just replacing the springs.
Some members said the xenon was ok after the installation, some not.
any comments????
cmcm said:
Tirerack let me return the springs, but I pay the freight!!!!
and going to order the cup kit from Evo Sports, thanks guys!!!!!!!
(so 2 inches dropped will affect the xenon for sure???)

(try using the edit button)

if you get a good shock to go with the spring you will be ok.
that is too bad about the delayed info...as the cup kit would be nice.
how much did you pay for the springs and what type are they?

You def. dont want to just replace the springs, so you will need to get some shocks too... maybe you can get the CK and sell someone the H&R springs to avoid the freight cost:confused:

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
well, the H&R springs was $226.00+$13freight. so it costs me another freight charge($13) to send them back. I'm also looking for the H&R cup kit part number for my MKV, because Tirerack needs the part number and order for me, and H&R web page doesn't specifically said MKV has cup kit, but the evolutionsports.com provides the H&R cup kit for MKV, I'm going to call H&R in few minutes.

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
Either way, just make sure you get a matched set (coils or matching springs/shocks).

I've got my H&R coils ordered up, should go on the car this Friday. I like the fact that I can adjust the height if I need to- get some different wheels/tires with slightly different characteristics or head to the track for the day.

In my experience, coilovers do seem to ride better than a spring/shock combo IMHO.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
allx11 said:
I just measured the gap it's goin to be low, but its even w/ the back droped 1.6. After the install the gap will be reduced to aproximatly 2 quaters of an inch! im going to doit!!! screw it :evil: i'll post the pics after the install.

just talked to H&R, they said the cup kit isn't ready for MKV yet, I have no idea why Evolutionsports.com has the parts, you better call H&R before you place any order from evolutionsports.com.
Meantime, i'm going to call evolutionsports as well and find out what's going on. good luck!

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
updated news as of today (3-1-06), H&R doesn't have any cup kit for MKV. But the evolutionsports told me that the cup kit for MKV is identical to the Audi's A3, and they'd installed it and fit perfectly, customer even put a 19" wheel with the kit.
More likely I will order the kit from Evo...sports and return the springs back to Tirerack.

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie

Attachments

• ozwheels.jpg
    ozwheels.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 374

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Anyone interesed, seriously interested, I can get a hook up for you on H&R coilovers.

I have a price significantly less than $1400.

Serious inquiries only. Don't waste my buds time, he's doin' this to get into the Dub market and is way to busy to play around with a million questions and then have people back out when it is time to pony up the cash. He is a great guy and will really make sure you are happy with what you get. I just want this to be as painless for him as I can. He is doing us all a fovor BTW giving this price break.

PM me for details on contacting him.

allx11

Drag Race Newbie
cmcm said:
updated news as of today (3-1-06), H&R doesn't have any cup kit for MKV. But the evolutionsports told me that the cup kit for MKV is identical to the Audi's A3, and they'd installed it and fit perfectly, customer even put a 19" wheel with the kit.
More likely I will order the kit from Evo...sports and return the springs back to Tirerack.

My jaw dropped when I read this, so I did some calling and got the same result. + I remembered that when the GTI's where released guy's were installing the A3 coilovers with no problems!!!:thumbup: fuiiiiiiiii!!! there o their way