GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

springs or coil-over?????

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
already placed the order of H&R cup kit from Evolution Sports today, I post the pic of the kit when it arrives.
Have to goto UPS to return those springs tomorrow.

cush_

Passed Driver's Ed
How about you put it on bags :D

it looks rad, but I consider it not done on a 200+ bhp engine... I got a 105ps diesel, so my car defines "low and slow" :cool:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
i am going to school in Maine right now and i was wondering if neone has experience with lowering a car when the roads are not in such good shape but definatly rideable bcuz my roomate has a 350z and he drives it around.
i was wondering if neone could give advice on how low i should go and what will give me that rideheight?
Thanks
-TR

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
i was just thinkin on putting the h&r springs alone to lower it a bit. simple and better than stock, nothing fancy. will i feel a better ride or would it be a bit more rough than stock? also how much will handling improve on 1.5 inch drop? btw nice site. love the forums. this site will definately grow:bow: . nice ride marcinek:thumbsup:

Last edited:

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
blackmkv said:
i was just thinkin on putting the h&r springs alone to lower it a bit. simple and better than stock, nothing fancy. will i feel a better ride or would it be a bit more rough than stock? also how much will handling improve on 1.5 inch drop? btw nice site. love the forums. this site will definately grow:bow: . nice ride marcinek:thumbsup:

I originally had the H&R springs and just returned them today and ordered the H&R cup kit suspension (Like the coil-over but unable to adjust the height). The cup kit will drop yr car about 2" and the price of $650/set is pretty reasonable to me.
Not a lot of good words about just replacing the springs alone, and also cost to do the replacing are the same between springs alone and cup kit.
I will post the installation procedure sometime next week.

StookMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
cmcm said:
I originally had the H&R springs and just returned them today and ordered the H&R cup kit suspension (Like the coil-over but unable to adjust the height). The cup kit will drop yr car about 2" and the price of $650/set is pretty reasonable to me.
Not a lot of good words about just replacing the springs alone, and also cost to do the replacing are the same between springs alone and cup kit.

Awesome can't wait for the DIY! :thumbup:

GTI2007

cush_ said:
How about you put it on bags :D

it looks rad, but I consider it not done on a 200+ bhp engine... I got a 105ps diesel, so my car defines "low and slow" :cool:

I'm thinking about doing the same with my future mk5 GTI (something like Peter on Cleaned)

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
allx11 said:
My jaw dropped when I read this, so I did some calling and got the same result. + I remembered that when the GTI's where released guy's were installing the A3 coilovers with no problems!!!:thumbup: fuiiiiiiiii!!! there o their way

You guys have more cojones than me.

I would rather hear from H&R that this is an acceptable match.

I know Evolution Motorsports is well respected but at the end of the day they are just trying to sell you something.

What is the f/r weight difference between the A3 and GTI?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
will suspension modifications effect warranty? or is that only for performance mods if found? w/ suspension also meaning like body kit and rims and so forth...

marcinek

Touring Car Newbie
cmcm said:
Wow PLEASE do.
:thumbsup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
For me I don't want to deal with scraping when I pull into places or a ruff ride. Theride in the car is perfect as far as I am concerned. Little bit too much body roll but that can be fixed. I also don't like the fact that the car is 1/2" higher here in the states. So I guess a good 1 1/2" drop?

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
loccusst said:
For me I don't want to deal with scraping when I pull into places or a ruff ride. Theride in the car is perfect as far as I am concerned. Little bit too much body roll but that can be fixed. I also don't like the fact that the car is 1/2" higher here in the states. So I guess a good 1 1/2" drop?

My thoughts exactly. And H&R sports are 1.5F/1.4R, so perfect. :smile: