GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

State of the Forum..

JC_451

Autocross Champion
More mods are coming, so we've been told. The spam will eventually come under control.

Nothing will breath life back into the forum though, we're on the down slope of the mk7 cycle. This is what the twilight looks like.

If you want the forum to grow and stay active-------> be an ambassador. Answer the dumb questions you've already heard 50 times. Suggest a tune, or an intake, or give advice instead of telling people to search.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
This forum is pretty active, as far as forums for used cars go. Plenty of Facebook groups too if that's your jam.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I was done with social media and wanted to replace my old car with a golf r, and was glad to see so much information here. Also glad that I’d already had an account here, from my mk5 days.

I used to frequent a motorcycle forum back about 15 years ago before facebook got big. I loved it and grew to become actual friends with some of the members. If I’m honest, it really helped me when I deployed to Iraq the 2nd time. Those members helped me fulfill a lifetime dream of racing motorcycles. The rise of Facebook took a huge affect on forums, to the point that the moto forum I was on finally shut down.

I’m really grateful for this forum and not just for the mk7 resources. Grateful to the good stewards of the forum and even think about contacting some of you guys as I travel to different states or Canada from time to time. After all, we’re all just enthusiasts and that’s an easy space for me to be in. I would agree that there’s probably less mk8 stuff here but that also reflects the availability of the mk8. I hope to see it grow but doubtful I’ll get one; I like much of the analog in my mk7.

Also, if any of you come to the Denver metro area, please feel free to drop me a line and maybe I can show you a fun mountain route or 2. Even if I can’t join you, I can certainly point you in the right direction.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Mods have said it themselves, they are no longer active on the forum apart from responding to people and the occasional checkup. The MK7 platform is now almost a decade old, the forums time has come where activity is going to drop and spam is going to build up

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
...., we're on the down slope of the mk7 cycle. This is what the twilight looks like.

Fair enough but again look at the MK8 forum..

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Just making an observation, that's all.
Gotcha. Well I hope to see more good people join the forum, etc. I think the biggest challenge is the mk8 availability, as far as mk8 content goes (which I’m sure you’re aware of). The ads are annoying but it’s a small price to pay, for me. I have hope for the forum but yeah social media can suck it.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
. The MK7 platform is now almost a decade old,

Another thing to consider is that the 17's/18's are just now coming off warranty which for many is the start of the mod process.

anotero

Autocross Champion
More mods are coming, so we've been told. The spam will eventually come under control.

Nothing will breath life back into the forum though, we're on the down slope of the mk7 cycle. This is what the twilight looks like.

If you want the forum to grow and stay active-------> be an ambassador. Answer the dumb questions you've already heard 50 times. Suggest a tune, or an intake, or give advice instead of telling people to search.
I hate the "use the search function" response. It's a forum, not an encyclopedia.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I hate the "use the search function" response. It's a forum, not an encyclopedia.

This.. Plus I think it discourages new members and dialog.