GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stopping distance between GTI "S" and "SE/Autobahn"

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If one maintained the same size calipers (stock "S") and disks, does slotted / cross-drilled rotors change the fade resistance any? I'd assume better heat "release"?

There isnt going to be much influence is brake fade assuming all those factors. Brake pad material is going to be the biggest influence fade resistance.

Major factor which defines braking power is effective radius (how far the caliper design radius from center of the axle). Bigger caliper is always better but again there is a lot of factors and combinations defining its performance.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I just switched to Pilot Sport A/S 3+ so I'm excited to see how good they are. I'm betting night and day difference with stopping distance (and grip) compared to the stock Hankook tires.

Pacific Raceways (formally known as Seattle International Raceway (SIR)); highly recommend the ProFormance Racing School there. I have also heard good things about The Ridge Motosports Park in Shelton.

Good to hear that they're great! Been wanting to sign up for a class with ProFormance before but haven't pulled the trigger on it. Hopefully one of these days...