GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Successfully upgraded manual HVAC to Climatic (NOT Climatronic)

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
VW response:

Dear Niebeendend,

I am sorry to heart that you are having issues with the A/C in your GTI.

The Climatic A/C is standard in all trim packages of the 2012 GTI. Your vehicle is equipped with this feature.

Based on what you’ve described, the best resource to assist you with the operation of the Climatic A/C is your VW dealership. They have the training and equipment to diagnose the concerns you’re having and recommend the next step to getting it repaired. Our staff at the Customer CARE Center is not technically trained or physically with your vehicle to properly assess your concerns.

If you’d like, Customer CARE can follow up on the diagnosis to ensure this matter is addressed. Please reply with your appointment date. We’ll assign your case to a Regional Case Manager who will contact the dealership and follow up with you.

If you need help locating your local dealer, you can find one here: http://www.vw.com/portal/en/dealers?context=Global.

Please know our Customer CARE Center is at your disposal Monday through Friday 8 AM to 6 PM, local time, at (800) 822-8987. Our website, www.vw.com, has a dealer locate tool on the Home page.

Sincerely,

Amber H.
Customer CARE Advocate

I guess I will call the service manager and see what they say.

shawn o

Hi, is anyone looking at this post anymore?

I did the upgrade to my 2011 JSW thanks to this DIY. Everything seemed to go great but I'm not sure its working properly. Have had it in my car for a few weeks now and haven't noticed it "adjusting" itself automatically.

Today I had it set close to the max temp (but below). Had the fan speed on "1" and the outside temp was close to 40F this AM on the way to work. I assumed it would automatically kick up the fan speed eventually but nothing happened and it stayed on "1" during all of my 40 minute commute. Maybe it because the interior of my car was fairly warm already since the car was in the garage all night?

Also, right after I did the install i used VCDS and could see the sensor temp readings. One thing I was concerned about is that there was a listing for "air vent temp sensor" or something along those lines in VCDS under the Auto HVAC section but I found it odd there was no listing for the sensor in the footwell vent. Is that normal?

busandcamper

The part number for the semi auto (ie numbered and with temp sensors) control panel appears to be 5HB009751