GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swoopo.com...Auctions or Gambling???

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
this site definitely caters to the gambler mentality, hence they call themselves "entertainment shopping":wink:

can you specify the number of bids you want to place within a certain price range?

what i mean is this... let's say you use bid butler and tell it to place 5 bids from the $1-$2 range and then 20 bids from the $3-$4 range... is that possible?

From what i have seen, yes it is possible, you can set bidbutlers up throughout the course of the auction, all at differing amounts and differing amount of bids to be used...also if the auction does not reach the amount...you'r bids are returned to you.

Shood87

Ready to race!
I did some research on this site and from what i found it is pretty legit! I mean yea they are assholes for praying compulsive gamblers but if your lucky you could get a good deal. Lots of people say it is a scam but i just they they are jealous for not thinking up the idea them selves, i wish i did.

Like people above said this is gambling, not really an auction.

I have registered with the site but i don't know if i can come to terms with spending money to win a chance to spend more money.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
I did some research on this site and from what i found it is pretty legit! I mean yea they are assholes for praying compulsive gamblers but if your lucky you could get a good deal. Lots of people say it is a scam but i just they they are jealous for not thinking up the idea them selves, i wish i did.

Like people above said this is gambling, not really an auction.

I have registered with the site but i don't know if i can come to terms with spending money to win a chance to spend more money.

Hah...yeah it is rough doing it...but....sign up, get a bunch of friends to sign up and then use the free bids you get to try and win some more bids...for a smaller amount of cash...

Personally i was watching an auction for far cry on ps3, and it went for 2.25 and the dude made 3 bids...i almost stepped in...but didnt and it ended that second...I could totally take that game to wal-mart w/ no receipt and have 50 cash in a heartbeat...

Oh one more small thing...each bidder can only win 8 auctions per month...

Shood87

Ready to race!
Hah...yeah it is rough doing it...but....sign up, get a bunch of friends to sign up and then use the free bids you get to try and win some more bids...for a smaller amount of cash...

Personally i was watching an auction for far cry on ps3, and it went for 2.25 and the dude made 3 bids...i almost stepped in...but didnt and it ended that second...I could totally take that game to wal-mart w/ no receipt and have 50 cash in a heartbeat...

Oh one more small thing...each bidder can only win 8 auctions per month...

Yea i saw Nikon D90 go for 30 some dollars and it went to a guy that bid like 5-6 times. That's what really sparked my interest. I just need money lol.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
sign up, get 30 bids and see if it works out...got 22.50...i mean i dont, that's cause i cant find a job but...

So apparently "BidTicks" is a sponsor of this site...but it doesnt look nearly as good as swoopo