GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Techtonics VS. APR t-back Exhaust systems

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
If we can get a couple more guys together we can get a discount at APR in Alabama.

I think I am leaning towards doing the GIAC chip and TT exhaust system...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
I think I am leaning towards doing the GIAC chip and TT exhaust system...

GIAC has balls but you can't switch back and forth on the fly. You'll have to own the interface or go to a shop to get them to switch back to normal if you need to go to the dealer...just something to consider.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Does anyone know of a sound clip for the TT TB exhaust?

One thing to note about sound clips, they are all recorded with different mics and in different enviorments... Although they give a general idea but unless all the clips are taken by the same person in the same enviorment the sound can vary greatly

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
I plan on getting the APR downpipe to go with the software. The dp is where most of the gains come from the exhaust + you dont have a gain in sound.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
Wild Hare said:
Nope! Just called Techtonics and they said the ENTIRE System IS Stainless.

Even with a bigger turbo you won't see any appreciable gains in 3" vs 2.5". Once you attain 500+ HP that "might" come into play.

2.5" vs 3" in my Evo VIII ( same 2.0L Turbo setup as the GTI) will yield 10-15WHP when u are at the 300+ WHP range. So there is a difference there!!

If you are going for the APR turbo upgrade or any other turbo upgrade and would like to land yourself at the 300WHP range... then the 3" will see the difference.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I appreciate all the feed-back good info all around. I will call APR and find out if there software is compatible with the TT 2.5'' exhaust system. What is the diameter of the stock setup? Is there a positive effect of replacing an exhaust system in terms of engine reliability? What I mean is does the fact that your getting a better flow of exhaust out of your car help the engine stay cleaner?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i will go either APR or Milltek, I know APR is expensive but at the end, i rather have something that is tuned and works with my chip, compatibility is very important. Milltek, they make a real nice system, and 2.75" is prolly the optimum size. I still would like to wait and see more companies such as Borla, Magnaflow and their products before pulling the trigger. I really am happy with the comfortable exhaust sound on my GTI, so if I decide to go with a catback, it will definetely be Milltek, if i decide on a full system TB, it will be confusing:laugh:

Atlanta, I might be a player for a GB on APR tho, if price is good

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
What I mean is does the fact that your getting a better flow of exhaust out of your car help the engine stay cleaner?

Your a stickler for exact meanings of terms... What is an air filter for a $1000?

How could more air and therefore more debris moving through your system keep your engine cleaner? Unless its like pressurized cleaning?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
Your a stickler for exact meanings of terms... What is an air filter for a $1000?

How could more air and therefore more debris moving through your system keep your engine cleaner? Unless its like pressurized cleaning?

isn't the exhaust air moving OUT of your engine at a better rate? Therefore dispersing the debris away from moving parts. I'm just asking, don't dog on me.