GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Techtonics VS. APR t-back Exhaust systems

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I'm just asking, don't dog on me.

you can give it but not take it? Truce?

If more air is moving through the system that mean that there is more debris moving through the system... Think of it this way, air has x% of debris... if you move lets say double the air (easy math number) then you are moving 2(x%) of debris...

The tricky part is the air filter most high performance air filters work two ways, first a larger filter surface area and second decreasing the resistance for the air to get into the engine (bigger holes) which lets more dirt in...

essentially every performance (power) mod you do has a detrimental effect on your fast... How big of an affect varies most are not to bad but it can add up...

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
4GSixty3 said:
2.5" vs 3" in my Evo VIII ( same 2.0L Turbo setup as the GTI) will yield 10-15WHP when u are at the 300+ WHP range. So there is a difference there!!

If you are going for the APR turbo upgrade or any other turbo upgrade and would like to land yourself at the 300WHP range... then the 3" will see the difference.

That might on a Mitsu not on our "VW" 2.0t's! Different beast sir. Besides, they have different turbos and totally different engine management control as well. Same thing had been tested with the 1.8t's and not any appreciable gain - Fact!

Last edited:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Vivid said:
Stock set up is 2.5 give or take

It's acutally less than that. Check on Vortex or other sites. Some one had posted the differences.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Wild Hare said:
It's acutally less than that. Check on Vortex or other sites. Some one had posted the differences.

Very true it is less than 2.5 but not by much hence the "2.5 give or take"

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I don't remember getting uppity with you, I surely wouldn't want to start shit with a local, but TRUCE is in effect anyhow. Thanks for the info sounds legit.

NP, I thought you were getting a little uppity in the "air intake" thread over the whole CAI stuff...

Its all good, we are all here to help and learn from each other. :thumbsup: