GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Corprin

Autocross Champion
What does breaking laws have to do with the mess that is 2020?

I never specifically said anything about masks that’s how Jim interpreted it. I’m talking about the entire shit show.

If you’re at high risk stay home, if you want to work then work. Having the choice to drive the economy into the ground or not would be beneficial for everyone...Im not sitting here screaming get back to work, because idk you or feel I or anyone else needs to make decisions for you.

Shocking, I know.

I’m sorry, did I offend you at some point because I have no clue who you are.

I have no clue who you are either. That certainly doesn’t preclude me from a sarcastic response to another poster mocking your position.

What does driving intoxicated at triple digits have to do with wearing a mask? It’s called public safety, that is, doing the right thing to protect lives. You know, like wearing a mask?

It’s amazing how many people get on their soap box about the economy and personal freedom, et.al. I often wonder if those people know what is happening over the remainder of the planet?

Guess not.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
BTW, Trump 2020.

If that makes you mad, you’re in for a grumpy additional four years.

Jake you did say that masks should be personal preference. I've given my reasons why I disagree. And I'm extremely reluctant to say this but I'm for Trump in 2020 also. But he is wrong about masks.

Please let's not turn this into a political war.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Jake you did say that masks should be personal preference. I've given my reasons why I disagree. And I'm extremely reluctant to say this but I'm for Trump in 2020 also. But he is wrong about masks.

I don’t think he can pass the opportunity for a feeble attempt at trolling. I disagree with his position, so clearly I must be someone that would be triggered by his comments. But, if that gives him the warm and fuzzy feeling his fragile ego desires, then I’m happy to be the facilitator. ;)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

I didn’t intend for it to be interpreted that way, and had originally typed out a long explanation of my standpoint just after that , but deleted it before posting to keep the peace.

I conceal carry, which makes wearing a mask a federal offense. Solution? I don’t go places other than work that require I wear a mask.

Same goes for drinking & driving or drinking while carrying a concealed weapon...also a federal offense, so if I’m gonna drink I don’t do it in public.

No social distancing required if you don’t go mingling in crowded public places, so again I wish more people would take it upon themselves to make their own decisions based on what’s best for them.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
What about the fact that all of the largest companies in the country never closed? Walmart, Kroger, Automotive dealer groups, Wholefoods, mcdonalds, etc etc. They were essential but were they not part of the problem? The same rules don't apply to them as they applied to the rest of society. Also, Home Depot is selling a box of 50 masks for $29.98... If you order 80k masks, you can get them for $0.04 each. How many did Home Depot get to put in stock? Capitalism much, 4 months ago they're gonna lock up these kids hoarding the sanitizer lol
About half my local Home Depots became pickup only due to the lack of staffing. My local Supermakets and Target were difficult to shop at due to the lack of cashiers as well. It's awesome waiting on a long, slow line during a pandemic just so your family can eat something other than fast food.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I don’t think he can pass the opportunity for a feeble attempt at trolling. I disagree with his position, so clearly I must be someone that would be triggered by his comments. But, if that gives him the warm and fuzzy feeling his fragile ego desires, then I’m happy to be the facilitator. ;)

Again, no clue who you are or what past encounters have you so upset.

I don’t come here to troll or sugar coat anything, I write informative threads and help people...have since 2011 on the mk6 forums and 2015 here on Mk7.

Literally hundreds of thousands of views, so if that upsets you again it’s gonna be a rough several years for you.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

I like both of you guys but Jake doesn't troll. I dont agree with several of his last few posts in this thread but he isn't a troll. I can see why you would feel that way with his responses to you.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I like both of you guys but Jake doesn't troll. I dont agree with several of his last few posts in this thread but he isn't a troll. I can see why you would feel that way with his responses to you.

I don’t have a problem with anyone here, and shouldn’t have to tiptoe around people to avoid confrontation.

A good rule of thumb is don’t say things on the internet you wouldn’t say in person, but I feel like the guys name calling and getting all up set wouldn’t act that way in public so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that they’re more mature than that.

Jim I don’t think any less of you or anyone else who wears a mask. It’s your choice and has zero effect on me.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I didn’t intend for it to be interpreted that way, and had originally typed out a long explanation of my standpoint just after that , but deleted it before posting to keep the peace.

I conceal carry, which makes wearing a mask a federal offense. Solution? I don’t go places other than work that require I wear a mask.

Same goes for drinking & driving or drinking while carrying a concealed weapon...also a federal offense, so if I’m gonna drink I don’t do it in public.

No social distancing required if you don’t go mingling in crowded public places, so again I wish more people would take it upon themselves to make their own decisions based on what’s best for them.

I agree with what you said except for the last sentence. Once again an asymptomatic person who chooses to not wear a mask and doesn't observe distancing is potentially spreading the virus. I'm distancing but for an example I was in a convenience store refilling my insulated container at the soda dispenser and a woman who was not wearing a mask brushed up against me to refill her cup right next to me.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I agree with what you said except for the last sentence. Once again an asymptomatic person who chooses to not wear a mask and doesn't observe distancing is potentially spreading the virus. I'm distancing but for an example I was in a convenience store refilling my insulated container at the soda dispenser and a woman who was not wearing a mask brushed up against me to refill her cup right next to me.

The difference is I am distancing, unlike her.

I’ve been working in contact with over a dozen coworkers who’ve not only tested positive, but also had the full spectrum of symptoms. We’re at 130ish days now since “14 days to slow the spread”.

If it was that easy to catch I must be the luckiest guy around, and all of the CDC and company guideline contradict themselves forcing me to work regardless of how many know COVID positive tested people I’ve worked with. The last question on their list is always “do YOU have symptoms?” making all prior questions pointless.

We even have a “Covid Taskforce” who got ahold of me promptly 21 days after my first direct contact exposure.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
The difference is I am distancing, unlike her.

I’ve been working in contact with over a dozen coworkers who’ve not only tested positive, but also had the full spectrum of symptoms. We’re at 130ish days now since “14 days to slow the spread”.

If it was that easy to catch I must be the luckiest guy around, and all of the CDC and company guideline contradict themselves forcing me to work regardless of how many know COVID positive tested people I’ve worked with. The last question on their list is always “do YOU have symptoms?” making all prior questions pointless.

We even have a “Covid Taskforce” who got ahold of me promptly 21 days after my first direct contact exposure.

Asking you if you have symptoms is irrelevant if you are asymptomatic. It's the asymptomatic people not wearing a mask that scares me and are unknowingly spreading the virus. If you haven't been tested then either you are asymptomatic or lucky.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Asking you if you have symptoms is irrelevant if you are asymptomatic. It's the asymptomatic people not wearing a mask that scares me and are unknowingly spreading the virus. If you haven't been tested then either you are asymptomatic or lucky.

My point exactly. The CDC and my employer could care less as long as I don’t currently have symptoms.

Wanna take days off without symptoms? Too bad, won’t get paid. With that kind of mentality how can you take any of their recommendations seriously. They check our temperature at the gate. It’ll show anything from 93-100* and they say “feel sick? Nope? Welp, see ya later!”

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
My point exactly. The CDC and my employer could care less as long as I don’t currently have symptoms.

Wanna take days off without symptoms? Too bad, won’t get paid. With that kind of mentality how can you take any of their recommendations seriously. They check our temperature at the gate. It’ll show anything from 93-100* and they say “feel sick? Nope? Welp, see ya later!”
This is the case with all essential workers, I would have had a few months off due to every time I was exposed, but ended up with none. Having someone go home any time they've been exposed will cause a chain reaction and some very important links in the chain would fail, such as the food chain, law and order, etc...