GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
The cheetoh in chief

Just a respectful question. You're probably going to close this thread because it violates forum rules but yet you post things in this thread that keep the things going that you will ultimately lock the thread because of. I appreciate that the way the thread has gone it's a hot button subject but aren't you helping the thread on the way to getting locked?

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Just a respectful question. You're probably going to close this thread because it violates forum rules but yet you post things in this thread that keep the things going that you will ultimately lock the thread because of. I appreciate that the way the thread has gone it's a hot button subject but aren't you helping the thread on the way to getting locked?
I don't lock threads if people don't start swearing at eachother and personally attacking eachother. Period.

Especially in an off topic thread. On topic threads that go off the rails or people's personal threads about car related things that turn into shit shows, yes I'll lock those because it's just garbage. Someone is searching for useful information about cars and ends up finding a bunch of kids bickering at eachother. Yeah I'm going to lock those because this is a car forum and I want to keep it that way. Off topic threads are different.

I think you're confused on why threads get locked. Debates are welcome, hell even political crap. Say whatever the hell you want, just don't personally attack anyone on the forums and it'll stay open.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I don't lock threads if people don't start swearing at eachother and personally attacking eachother. Period.

Especially in an off topic thread. On topic threads that go off the rails or people's personal threads about car related things that turn into shit shows, yes I'll lock those because it's just garbage. Someone is searching for useful information about cars and ends up finding a bunch of kids bickering at eachother. Yeah I'm going to lock those because this is a car forum and I want to keep it that way. Off topic threads are different.

I think you're confused on why threads get locked. Debates are welcome, hell even political crap. Say whatever the hell you want, just don't personally attack anyone on the forums and it'll stay open.

I stand corrected....

🎶Carry on my wayward sons....🎶

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Because it's a scare tactic lmao, the verbal warning comes first.

Yup, the NC mask "mandate" has enough loop holes to drive a bus through. Individuals can't be fined or arrested, but a businesses can ask you to leave--most aren't. And its the honor system if you want to claim religious or medical issues.

I've been wearing a mask for months because my dad has cancer and my FIL is 78 with a laundry list of complicating conditions. I want to be able to see them both, so I take extra precautions. But I disagree with the mask mandate.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not a chance. I'll never be morally corrupt and my job is protected but I wouldn't need it anyway.

My biggest concern is not getting the virus because I wouldn't survive it with COPD.

The conservative ethos. I'm just concerned about MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
The conservative ethos. I'm just concerned about MEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

If the conservative ethos is to live then I'm guilty. I'm wearing a mask when distancing isn't possible. But I'm also wearing it to protect others on the oft chance I could be asymptomatic to protect others. What more could I possibly do?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If the conservative ethos is to live then I'm guilty. I'm wearing a mask when distancing isn't possible. But I'm also wearing it to protect others on the oft chance I could be asymptomatic to protect others. What more could I possibly do?

You're literally supporting an anti-science death cult run by a life long con man. You're guilty of being morally bankrupt and delusional. Like I said before, you deserve what's coming.

bentin

Autocross Champion
You're literally supporting an anti-science death cult run by a life long con man. You're guilty of being morally bankrupt and delusional. Like I said before, you deserve what's coming.
Good grief, he's wearing a mask, socially distancing and doesn't sound like a lunatic. What are you seeing that the rest of us aren't seeing? There are plenty of people to be mad at within this whole thing, not sure that the main culprits are hanging out on a VW forum though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's obvious to all who is delusional.

All decent Americans know it's you. You brought this on the country. You personally deserve what's coming. You can't gaslight your way out of this.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Are we trying to lock this thing down? I think it's important to remember that our choices were this or Hillary. I'm a Democrat, have had family members involved in the cabinet of a few Presidents, but I don't have any delusions that there were no good choices last time around and I'm hesitant to believe that there are this time either. Calling out either side for pretty much anything at this point is a bit of a glass house.

Let's just imagine the shit show that we'd be neck deep in if Hillary had won and Epstein went down like it did.