GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Well then his disembodied ghost can start hoovering. :LOL:

I bought a condo once and in a storage area under a stairwell there was leftover carpet from Paul Harvey's house. The woman I bought the condo from was the office manager at a carpet store. It was pink if that tells you who called the shots at Paul Harvey's house.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Only that the level of treatment can be questionable, because it is Socialized and underfunded in good ol' pay for your health 'Merica.

I guess I am looking for a bit more depth to the discussion.

Quick search shows you made E4 and are retired, were you medically retired from service? If so, are you seeking care at the VA under your tricare, or are you using it under VA service connected compensation?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
I guess I am looking for a bit more depth to the discussion.

Quick search shows you made E4 and are retired, were you medically retired from service? If so, are you seeking care at the VA under your tricare, or are you using it under VA service connected compensation?
Medically retired because I was too broken to discharge, went through medboard yadda yadda. I have tricare for life, and can seek out non VA resources if I like for my treatment so long as I adhere to their co-pay schedule. It can be a rather large mess dealing with Tricare/United.

Both I suppose? My rating with the VA outside my Army rating gives me full access to all their provided services at no out of pocket expense to me.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Medically retired because I was too broken to discharge, went through medboard yadda yadda. I have tricare for life, and can seek out non VA resources if I like for my treatment so long as I adhere to their co-pay schedule. It can be a rather large mess dealing with Tricare/United.

Both I suppose? My rating with the VA outside my Army rating gives me full access to all their provided services at no out of pocket expense to me.

Okay so you are priority class 1. I dodged the MEB to just finish out my final enlistment. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken the blue ID card.

The reason I was wondering is I find the level of care from my local VA hospital is better, and more free’er, then seeking care on the civilian side through my medical insurance.

The only caveat to the level of care is trying to get into any form of mental health treatment. It seems all the appointments are now filled by the other than honorable folks since the law change in 2017.

Since the conversation was onto socialized healthcare, and those not kicking in, I figured your sentiment was relating to the VA’s programs at that facility.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Okay so you are priority class 1. I dodged the MEB to just finish out my final enlistment. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken the blue ID card.

The reason I was wondering is I find the level of care from my local VA hospital is better, and more free’er, then seeking care on the civilian side through my medical insurance.

The only caveat to the level of care is trying to get into any form of mental health treatment. It seems all the appointments are now filled by the other than honorable folks since the law change in 2017.

Since the conversation was onto socialized healthcare, and those not kicking in, I figured your sentiment was relating to the VA’s programs at that facility.
No, I live by one of the better VA hospitals in some respects. I believe we have one of the few TBI clinics, which is why I live here. I had to re-up to be retired, so odd they just let you roll through. Granted I got caught at de-mob and tossed into wounded warrior, so I couldn't really sweep my LODs under the rug.

Mental health is.. fun at the VA. The waitlists and the fact they are understaffed is frustrating. This also leads to various care choices in all respects.. like 400 rounds of physical therapy before we look at this a little closer.. But YMMV, I can only attest to my ride through the machine. I'm at the point where various departments are pointing fingers at each other for symptoms and calling it a day.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Regulations could be put in place to counter that so that the rich person's company pays the tax. It still would be vastly better than our current income tax structure. Plus anyone traveling into the US would be paying the sales tax also. If you read all of the Fair Tax plan ultimately products would come down in price that would offset the tax. I'm not going to go in depth on that but if you read the whole Fair Tax plan it's all explained.
A lower FLAT tax for everyone, including corporations. Eliminate all loopholes altogether.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
No, I live by one of the better VA hospitals in some respects. I believe we have one of the few TBI clinics, which is why I live here. I had to re-enlist to be retired, so odd they just let you roll through. Granted I got caught at de-mob and tossed into wounded warrior, so I couldn't really sweep my LODs under the rug.

Mental health is.. fun at the VA. The waitlists and the fact they are understaffed is frustrating. This also leads to various care choices in all respects.. like 400 rounds of physical therapy before we look at this a little closer.. But YMMV, I can only attest to my ride through the machine. I'm at the point where various departments are pointing fingers at each other for symptoms and calling it a day.

I did my last 3 in Japan, so non-deployable, and it was 05-08, they didn’t even know what a TBI was yet. Most of my issues are mostly musculoskeletal, and the MEB came down to the AF orthopedist saying “if someone was shooting at you, could you run for your life?” I replied “sure, I would be laid up for a week following, but I’d be alive.“. So he gave me a breathe at own pace and distance profile and sent me back into my sham desk job to finish out my last 1.5yrs.

My local VA also has one of the TBI/poly-trauma units and all treatment them to primary care I’ve received has been amazing. Only a few hiccups that were quickly resolved.

I hear vets all the time complaining about the VA, even while they are at the VA, and I just shake my head. Admittedly it’s either the Vietnam era crusty dudes with lots of silly pins in their hat, or the post 9/11 folks that don’t get any care from to VA just echoing the BS that someone told them to think.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was talking about the Fair Tax plan that would eliminate income taxes.

You're missing the point. It's a 15% tax on income. Just because you rename it, doesn't mean it isn't a federal tax on income.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
I did my last 3 in Japan, so non-deployable, and it was 05-08, they didn’t even know what a TBI was yet. Most of my issues are mostly musculoskeletal, and the MEB came down to the AF orthopedist saying “if someone was shooting at you, could you run for your life?” I replied “sure, I would be laid up for a week following, but I’d be alive.“. So he gave me a breathe at own pace and distance profile and sent me back into my sham desk job to finish out my last 1.5yrs.

My local VA also has one of the TBI/poly-trauma units and all treatment them to primary care I’ve received has been amazing. Only a few hiccups that were quickly resolved.

I hear vets all the time complaining about the VA, even while they are at the VA, and I just shake my head. Admittedly it’s either the Vietnam era crusty dudes with lots of silly pins in their hat, or the post 9/11 folks that don’t get any care from to VA just echoing the BS that someone told them to think.
It's a mixed bag in my opinion. I've had amazing doctors, and i've had shit doctors; though I've had the same on the civilian side. The only issue is sometimes getting transferred to a new doctor in the VA isn't a matter of picking one. My Gen. Med. would be a good example. I have to go through his nurses to get the paperwork or ensure I get the references and referrals I need. Just depends on the issue as well, things that clearly show up on tests/scans and you're generally golden. You start talking bulged disks, or migraines and things get hazy. Though just like the Army, Motrin, water and some Magnesium will fix ya right up though.. hah.

I suppose I sound like the latter, but it just depends on the department in my opinion.