GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

dtfd

Autocross Champion
What an incredible end to a race. Last several laps on the edge of my seat.

Sainz playing 4D chess, he raced so intelligently. The sudden pace of the Mercs. Norris driving like a bat outta hell. Just wow. Now THAT'S What I Call a Formula 1 Race, Vol. 3.

Crazy how fun an F1 race can be when Max isn't in P1 with 18 seconds of air behind him.
Sainz played it like a master. Lando did a hell of a job holding off the mercs...but man I felt for Russell when he kissed that wall on the last lap.

For the second race in a row, Sainz has out classed leclerc. I love it.

We were talking about the merc strategy. I think as a driver I would appreciate taking the risk on the mediums to shoot for 1st and ending up 3rd (where George should have been) is honestly better than accepting 2nd and just riding it out in the hards. They went for it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Actually fun today.

Sainz laying back to keep letting Lando have DRS was really savvy.

torga

Autocross Champion
Pit wall: "uhhh... Lando is 0.8s behind... 😬"
Sainz: "ya, that's on purpose 😎"

smooooth operatoorrrrrrr

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
I'd also like to add the broadcast did an excellent job of those last laps of the 4 lead cars. Of course the cameras were going to be on them fighting for the win but they were relying heavily on close-ups in to and out of the corners. It made for good television 🤘🏼

dtfd

Autocross Champion
20230922_101656.jpg

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Qualifying tonight is 2am 😳 I'm an insomniac so that works out 😂

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Curious to see if McLaren can catch Aston in the constructors before the end of the season.

torga

Autocross Champion
Pretty action-packed, fun-filled race. Lots of doggy drivers.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Curious to see if McLaren can catch Aston in the constructors before the end of the season.
If we get more weekends like this it's possible, but highly unlikely.

McLaren finally has a good car this season, and Aston had a great start but have fallen apart after the break. I just hope this trend continues into next year because I would love to see McLaren back where they belong, at the top.

As an aside if you guy want to see videos from the weekend the forum isn't great for sharing those but I did post a bunch in the F1 channel of the CSB forum discord.

Link here for those of you who haven't seen it.
https://discord.gg/KyXSHuw4

Jbjs40

Really bummed to see mick out. I had really high hopes for him, but it didn’t pan out. But he was also at haas…. So maybe we didn’t really get to see what he could do. Doubtful, but Maybe we could see him return in a better car.
I hope so too. It would be sad to see he inherited no talent from his dad. His heart was in the right place though. Still Haas did not give any of its drivers any good options. Forever chasing the ellusive single point season.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
I wasn't expecting much from this race so I'm pleasantly surprised there was plenty of action. Just a couple observations.
Wtf was Hamilton thinking?
How about Russell cooling his hands on top of the steering wheel at 200mph?!
Bye Logan Sargent. We hardly knew ye
I think the call from McLaren to hold positions with 10 laps to go was a little premature. I wanted to see them race. (If Lando could even catch Oscar)
I foresee trouble between the drivers at McLaren soon.
I'm sick of hearing "track limits."
And McLaren is now 11pts behind Aston.
Looking forward to Austin