GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Yeah it's been a nightmare to say the least, seems like everyday we're coming up with more issues than we've been able to resolve. :barf:
So who would have been the guy he talked to that didn't seem to give a damn about his shipping issues and blaming FedEx? Would that have been you? Haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
So who would have been the guy he talked to that didn't seem to give a damn about his shipping issues and blaming FedEx? Would that have been you? Haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Indeed it was me, and that's totally how it went down :lol:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
This made my week haha. Makes that clusterfuq of a story even better.

Hi xxxx here is your FedEx tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxx, this was shipped directly from our supplier, and unfortunately they missed that it was supposed to ship via UPS 3-Day select, so we are refunding you the full shipping amount.

Here's a copy/paste of my email does this sound like me blaming FedEx? :iono:

I was just curious if you were able to see what the original post said because I only saw the edited one.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Here's a copy/paste of my email does this sound like me blaming FedEx? :iono:

I was just curious if you were able to see what the original post said because I only saw the edited one.

Nope, that's the first I've seen the original email regarding the FedEx stuff. He clearly doesn't understand how drop shipping works.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Nope, that's the first I've seen the original email regarding the FedEx stuff. He clearly doesn't understand how drop shipping works.

Because he didn't want that to be seen :lol:

We also spoke on the phone and I explained in depth that it WASN'T a FedEx mixup, multiple times and explained exactly what happened, but apparently i didn't care. :rolleyes:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Because he didn't want that to be seen :lol:

We also spoke on the phone and I explained in depth that it WASN'T a FedEx mixup, multiple times and explained exactly what happened, but apparently i didn't care. :rolleyes:

People are stupid.

I hope he reads this.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Anyone have any experience with Konig wheels, specifically their lightweight offerings? Really like the price tag, colors, and styling of some of them.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any experience with Konig wheels, specifically their lightweight offerings? Really like the price tag, colors, and styling of some of them.

Hahah it's funny you bring this up. I was talking to my buddy who autox's his Toyota 86 and he said Konig's are a pretty popular choice.

Between the Hypegram and the Ultraform, I like both.

I'll be getting the Ultraform's in 17x8 ET42 sizing. Hard to beat for just over $700 and being slightly lighter than the $256 a pop Neuspeed RSe05's (16.7lbs).

The Hypegram's are 16.3lbs but I like the look of the Ultraforms more and the Hypegram's have a 3mm higher offset.

Here are the Ultraforms on a local Mk6R (these are the 18x8.5 ET42's).

I was going to get 17x9 ET45 RPF1's redrilled to 5x112 but ultimately decided it'd be safer to just stick with a 5x112 wheel.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Hahah it's funny you bring this up. I was talking to my buddy who autox's his Toyota 86 and he said Konig's are a pretty popular choice.

Between the Hypegram and the Ultraform, I like both.

I'll be getting the Ultraform's in 17x8 ET42 sizing. Hard to beat for just over $700 and being slightly lighter than the $256 a pop Neuspeed RSe05's (16.7lbs).

The Hypegram's are 16.3lbs but I like the look of the Ultraforms more and the Hypegram's have a 3mm higher offset.

I was actually looking at the Ultraform as well in Gloss Graphite, but I still have to decide if I want to go 17×8 ET42 (16.72 lb) or 18×8.5 ET42 (18.59 lb)... I do like the idea of more tire and 17" since I seem to be breaking belts on potholes lately.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
That's exactly the setup I'll be going with. 17" with 245/40 RE-71R's.

Not sure what the stock Austins ET are on the MK7, but I'm hoping to be able to ditch the spacers and have a similar flush-ness haha.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Its funny how things go in cycles, they use to be the go to wheels for a long time. I can't believe they still make the lightning.