GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
That looks like a good place to do some doughnuts in your STI ;)
Actually this entire drive(probably 30-35 miles) would have been sick to shred in the STI! But it's super muddy right now, my truck has a hell of a time getting up here in 4WD. Haha but when it's dry it'd be dope.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366646982.503797.jpg
So basically the whole drive is this. 8-12 inch ruts. Massive puddles of water, which is almost a clay type of base. So it's sticky, and sucks you in bad. The Chevy gets a work out! Haha I have it slammed almost the whole time to have speed to get through some of them. It's actually a lot of fun! But if you get stuck you are SOL.

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Actually this entire drive(probably 30-35 miles) would have been sick to shred in the STI! But it's super muddy right now, my truck has a hell of a time getting up here in 4WD. Haha but when it's dry it'd be dope.

Looks like some amazing views too. How often do you take out the STI? More than the GTI?

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Looks like some amazing views too. How often do you take out the STI? More than the GTI?

Lol, I don't have it yet. I ordered it. Which is a love/hate deal. I get what I want, but I have to wait. And that sucks dick for sure!! I get it in July, hopefully.

Rus.K

PCDT99
I bought mine from DBC for $237.95 last year (that's WITH the 2 liters of new coolant). Is this still the same company?

http://shop.dbctuning.com/DBC_2_0T_FSI_Timing_Belt_Kit_BPY_p/2.0fsi.timing.kit.htm

Ah it looks like they changed there website. Ive just heard that they are slowly declining in customer service and alot of people are having issues getting their parts shipped out to them.

RUS! I CAN HAZ YOUR WORKS?

Maybe after summer! You no like your Aeros anymore?

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Lol, I don't have it yet. I ordered it. Which is a love/hate deal. I get what I want, but I have to wait. And that sucks dick for sure!! I get it in July, hopefully.

Hahaha oh okay lol. Life is hard ;(

My aunt has a 2013 Pearl White STI. I drove it for two weeks. It's such an amazing car. It gives you chills when you drive it.

Your gonna have an exciting summer ;)

Are you still going to keep the GTI?

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Hahaha oh okay lol. Life is hard ;(

My aunt has a 2013 Pearl White STI. I drove it for two weeks. It's such an amazing car. It gives you chills when you drive it.

Your gonna have an exciting summer ;)

Are you still going to keep the GTI?
No, I'm gonna sell the GTI, and sell my 78 GMC K1500. Then buy a mid 80's short bed truck. Lower it(not slammed) and rebuild it. S/C it, and make a killer sleeper out of it.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Ah it looks like they changed there website. Ive just heard that they are slowly declining in customer service and alot of people are having issues getting their parts shipped out to them.

Ah. Haven't been active enough on here to notice that but that's never a good sign. We all know ECS is reliable and fast (just not usually the cheapest). That's the best non-dealer route I know of that's still 100% credible. MJM are a bunch of d-bags, wouldn't recommend them either.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Poor GTI ;(

That sounds sick, will be a nice long project.
Yes sir. Should be super fun! And freaking expensive. :( at least drive train and what not. I can do body work, and my dad owns a shop. So paint is practically free. I only pay for material, and I'll paint the truck myself.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Ah. Haven't been active enough on here to notice that but that's never a good sign. We all know ECS is reliable and fast (just not usually the cheapest). That's the best non-dealer route I know of that's still 100% credible. MJM are a bunch of d-bags, wouldn't recommend them either.
I agree with this. ECS is the bomb for customs service. It's just everything else that lacks a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.