GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The GunKat's Car Feedback Thread with POLE.

pole?

• Keep your car, it looks good/performs well, etc. Get something on the side later.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Get a Civic /other cheap DD, pay off within a year or so and buy an S2K, BRZ, Miata, C5 Z06, etc.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Other – post up.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Gunkata = Plac

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Sell feauxS3, buy PT Cruiser

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Next gen WRX/MS3/MK7

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
E90 M3 for track, autocross, weekends, nice weather spirited drives to work. $3K-$5K fuel efficient car for DD.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Azn, you want Jawn to join your bimmer kult klub

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
How much do 2010 GTI's go for these days? $17k?

If it was me, I'd buy:
2010 GTI ($17k) + AP1 S2000 ($13k)

Fun daily driver + reliable/fun track car = Win. Just make sure you can pass broomstick with your helmet on.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wait for next gen ms3/wrx sti

Or go ballz out to e92 m3

MS3 could.. COULD be really good. WRX, who knows. probably still look like a corolla with a wing on it, but at least if better mpg and interior, may be worth considering.

E92... $$$$$$$, and DAT MPG.

E90 M3 dude, it's practical. 4-doors and you can get a gay automatic too. Costs about the same as a used civic plus used C5Z.

haha.. nah, I'd go MT.

This

E90 M3s give me a weird boner. Totally practical and very "sleeper" like

trufus.

That's it, we're breaking up.

I was already cheating on you.

what about an E36 m3?

2 hours in traffic with a boring car and you will want to gouge your eyes out.

E36? I dunno...

15mpg on a good day... that's the issue. And the E90s are more expensive than the E92s... ppl love those 4 doors. Unless they are the pre-asslifted 2008s

this^, although out here, we see the sedans cheaper still.

E90 M3 for track, autocross, weekends, nice weather spirited drives to work. $3K-$5K fuel efficient car for DD.

not bad.

Azn, you want Jawn to join your bimmer kult klub

he does. he already bought me white Nike's and a new pair of sheets....

true...

How much do 2010 GTI's go for these days? $17k?

If it was me, I'd buy:
2010 GTI ($17k) + AP1 S2000 ($13k)

Fun daily driver + reliable/fun track car = Win. Just make sure you can pass broomstick with your helmet on.

yeah, not bad.. interest rates would be shitacular on the AP1, but yeah.

McQueen77

Banned
FYI.. the golf ball shifter is gay.

this^

no way brah. it looks like a big firm ball sack with DSG written on it, thus, not gay....

yeah, the mk7 'sounds' way better, but i wonder.. i just wonder bro. if they don't bring a performance pack here and the numbers are pretty close... who knows.. itll just come down to how big a car payment i want in a year and a half. i have none now and thats how i like it, so a CPO 2013 would be pretty enticing.. but if i drive the mk7 and get a massive boner and can get it with 0%... itd be hard to pass up. get it? hard. no matter what though my payment would be minor compared to what it was on the GTI before i paid it off. i was paying $388 which sucked balls. if i put like $14k down on a new mk7, my payment w/0% would prob be like $200

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
A $388 car payment would suck, especially for a GTI. Mine is $185, I can't imagine paying more than that for this car.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
A $388 car payment would suck, especially for a GTI. Mine is $185, I can't imagine paying more than that for this car.

Eh, putting down $10k+ on a car when you could have gotten low or even zero interest financing is just as shitty. It costs money either way. I don't understand people who look at only the monthly payment or only the down payment, both are useless numbers. Total cost matters.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Eh, putting down $10k+ on a car when you could have gotten low or even zero interest financing is just as shitty. It costs money either way. I don't understand people who look at only the monthly payment or only the down payment, both are useless numbers. Total cost matters.
:word:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

:lol:

I pay $446/month four a base four door manual. I had saved $9k to put down but once I realized 1.9% interest I kept it for other things. Total cost is what matters most. Monthly cost does matter to me as well.

McQueen77

Banned
total cost, monthly cost, whatever. along those lines, everyone should just lease unless you drive over 15k miles a year. troy is right though, except if the money tied up in the car is, in your mind, earmarked as 'car money', then its easier to just put it down on another car. cash is king though so who the hell knows. i had a $388 car payment after putting $5k down. id at least have to put that much, even w/0%. some epic car payment on a GTI does feel depressing as hell. when youre budgeting though, that extra car payment is a drag. moral of story, fucked both ways.

yeah, thought of buying same car again is depressing. all that trouble, taxes, fees, everything and then you're like "sweet, mk6 GTI again!"

yep, its gotta be the mk7.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Seriously... total cost matters.

My payment is 0 now it was $280 when I bought the car not like my ownership cost is any different.

McQueen77

Banned
an auto loan of $20000, w/0% interest for 60 mos (VW's current promo) is $333 a month and change. Not a bad payment on a new GTI, but if you figure a new MK7 w/4 drs, DSG & convenience (nav and leather are gay) you're still looking at about $27000 OTD, which means $7000 down to achieve the $333 a month which means selling the GTI and pocketing $6500 or so.. So yeah, pocketing the $6500 and having a manageable car payment with 0%apr is a good compromise. while keeping the cash is nice in theory, who the christ wants like a $500+ payment on a Mexi7 GTI?