GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The "I love my GTI and Don't Care if it's not faster than a Camaro SS Club" Club

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
The "I love my GTI and Don't Care if it's not faster than a Camaro SS Club" Club

I love my GTI, there's no other way around it. Of the 8 vehicles that I have personally owned in my life I can honestly say these last 7 months with my GTI have been the best time ever behind the wheel of a car. This car is effervescent, it can take a long day at work and just melt it away on the drive home, a true joy to get in every single day. While no one and no car is perfect I can't think of a more complete all around car than a GTI for what it costs and what class it lies in. Yes, it's not faster than a "Camaro SS" for example, but it simply doesn't need to be, it delivers the same adrenaline into your veins and the same "shit eating grin" as the Camaro. So in the end there will be us that love our GTI's and those who don't, those that could live with an occasional hiccup and those that will endlessly obsess over the little, insignificant things in life, and to those I say Good Luck and Good Bye.

Or Simply...

I Love My GTI

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
lmao, holy crap.

We Todd did thread.

Edit: On second thought, why is there a "MK6 VS ....." section? Nothing else can compare to the GTI !! ooooh yeah.

Last edited:

DvS21

Ready to race!
I go away for a week, and come back to all this bull shit. Well, I love my GTI too. Also, it's 10 grand cheaper than an SS.

TDI110

O_o
oh the downfall videos are always a funny treat to watch!

I love the TDI, sure it's no GTI but same family, and no one will convince me or persuade me for that matter to buy; lease; rent; or finance such a car. They are not really practical all day cars, and in interior...my god what was GM thinking!?

The only thing it has going for it is that muscly V8 growl. But somewhere some made a noise pipe to simulate that :p

Work time :D

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Applying for charter membership in this club

You are more than welcome to sir, this club is for everyone that loves their GTI, everyone that couldn't care less about how it's straight line performance compares to a 10 year old f body.

If you love your GTI just add it to your sig and fuck the rest.

scbastv

Ready to race!
lulz...

im all over this!

consider me a FULLY supportive member!!!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Chuck Norris drove a GTI

MattyGTi

Ready to race!
haha this thread is EPIC.

ill rock the sig!

i love how harddrivin posts the same pic of his taupe camaro in every thread. lol

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
That's strange, there are more gti lovers on this site than camaro knob slobbers?

Impossible..

Could it be??

scbastv

Ready to race!
it cooouuuulllldddd be....

Attachments

• vweatingtherest.jpg
    vweatingtherest.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 198

GTICarGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
I am in the club... I get to drive a lot of different vehicles at work since I am a car salesman. This includes a 2010 Camaro SS. I am alot happier with my GTI then I would be with a camaro. I know the camaro is faster but it's also alot more money and not a "drivers car" IMO. The only car I really wanted more when I bought my car was a BMW 335i 6MT. But again that car is more money even if you go the certified preowned route (which I would have, they have great deals now). Plus it is hard to find a MT in the CPO market.

honkbruno

Ready to race!
I love my GTI, there's no other way around it. Of the 8 vehicles that I have personally owned in my life I can honestly say these last 7 months with my GTI have been the best time ever behind the wheel of a car. This car is effervescent, it can take a long day at work and just melt it away on the drive home, a true joy to get in every single day. While no one and no car is perfect I can't think of a more complete all around car than a GTI for what it costs and what class it lies in. Yes, it's not faster than a "Camaro SS" for example, but it simply doesn't need to be, it delivers the same adrenaline into your veins and the same "shit eating grin" as the Camaro. So in the end there will be us that love our GTI's and those who don't, those that could live with an occasional hiccup and those that will endlessly obsess over the little, insignificant things in life, and to those I say Good Luck and Good Bye.

Or Simply...

I Love My GTI

You've only owned 8? I know of a mechanical engineer that has owned at least TWENTY new cars including a 99 1LE Camaro Z28 and an 07 Acura TL with bluetooth. I'm sure that both were faster than a GTI. I'm just sayin... :lol:

Last edited: