GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The "near-death" experiences thread.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
:dnftt:

Don't be ridiculous, of course it isn't. I was just pointing out how the OP was claiming he was attacked un-provoked, when he previously said he flipped a car full of (presumably) "bros" the bird. Where I live, people have gotten shot at for s#it like that.

I'm not trolling - in fact, that's what I thought you were doing.

You're either enjoying what seems, in the grand scheme of things, to be a minor 'inconsistency' in the OP's story, or you're justifying the actions of the moron driving the SUV by saying the OP provoked their action. I don't see a place for either one here.

I just don't get the bike hatred that appears to be quite prevalent today. From the bizarre response in this thread from STRANGR to the guffawing over the video showing the laughing douchebags in the Dodge diesel pickup blowing thick smoke at bikers in the mountains, I just don't understand how it became acceptable or desirable to hate on someone just because they ride a bike.

If nothing else, people driving cars should be grateful to bicyclists - by not using any gas, bicyclists lessen demand and consequently the price at the pump.

There is a lot of road out there. I see no reason why we can't share with everyone - motorized or otherwise.

Just MHO.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
EXERSIZE?! that there is for queerz.

10000000ftlbs of torque ftw.

This thread is lacking new stories...

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
to me and everyone else it is obvious that he didnt provoke them before he gave them the finger.... please use your head...

I 100% agree with you assuming that the story happened as the OP described (there are 2 sides after all). The facts remain, the d-bags riding in the car over-reacted to a defensive maneuver by the OP, the car honks at the OP, and he in return retaliates by flipping the bird, escalating the situation.

For the record, I am a cyclist, so I experience all of the hate on the road as well (try riding down PCH with spongers throwing pennies at you... it isn't fun). My buddy did the exact same thing the OP did, and got jumped by the retards in the car, and they trashed is $3k bike.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
I 100% agree with you assuming that the story happened as the OP described (there are 2 sides after all). The facts remain, the d-bags riding in the car over-reacted to a defensive maneuver by the OP, the car honks at the OP, and he in return retaliates by flipping the bird, escalating the situation.

For the record, I am a cyclist, so I experience all of the hate on the road as well (try riding down PCH with spongers throwing pennies at you... it isn't fun). My buddy did the exact same thing the OP did, and got jumped by the retards in the car, and they trashed is $3k bike.

What the fuck is wrong with some people?

After they've killed someone, will their defense be "he flipped me off, so he had it coming"?

STRANGR

Ready to race!
I like to yell at bikers too, like when they don't stop for stoplights, block traffic, ride 3 wide on a two lane road, wear their Lance jersey's. I swear I wish I had a gallon of milk to throw that those dbags on bikes.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion

Last edited:
F-f-f-f-fuck the road bike for commuting. Get a proper mountain bike for commuting and school those suckers. Streets, sidewalks, yards, benches, steps. It's all there for you.

I've ridden road and raced factory sponsored off-road for 15 years. Know your environment and use it, OP. City riding rocks, wave at the haters and then lose them in traffic.

Near death? Closer to near smart (in the nicest way possible, nothing personal, but c'mon).

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
[rant]

Some of you cyclists (note the generalization here) need to be run over. I can't tell you guys how many times I've seen asshat cyaclists (not counting you here OP) do shit like run red lights, cut across two lanes of traffic including in front of two sets of oncoming vehicles, and ignore stop signs thinking they own the road.

OP I do agree with what some of these guys are saying, need to keep cool and take down plates. Hell when you stopped you should have whipped out a phone and been calling rather than fucking with the other driver. I almost got turned into road kill one day while on my motorcycle by some stupid twat in a white Cherokee ran a 4 way stop sign which I was at first. I had started rolling on my throttle even and saw the stupid bitch yapping away on her fucking phone. I should have run into her then gone to court over it, I probably could have retired.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
That's crazy. I hear these stories and I can't believe I used to live in America.

All I got is a car crash:

Obviously it held up pretty well so it wasn't near death, but it was scary.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman

09WHTGTI

VW Afficiando
I think you all should Google what a "Near Death Experience" really is, because it is quite plain to me that no one in here yet has had a true "NDE" (you know, when you almost die, see a white light, relatives of long past that are dead, etc.).

That would make this thread that much more interesting.

I've had an NDE, but it wasn't too exciting. And yes, it was REAL NDE.