GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Beer Thread

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
I just picked up two cases of beer that are hard as hell to find.

Schneider Aventinus Weizenboch
Schneider Aventinus Eisboch

After the first sip of the Eisboch I orgasmed.

Never had a Weizenboch....been itching to try one. I'll have to put the Schneider on my list for X-Mas.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Honestly, BCBS is good, but tends to be a bit overrated/overhyped. Same thing happens to Bell's Hopslam each year, as well as several others.

Barrel aged stouts are a category that is LOADED with quality beers that are regularly available. Don't sweat it if you can't find BCBS around your area - go out and find the best barrel aged stout near you!

If anyone wants to trade, I've still got several bombers of 2012 Olde Hickory's Event Horizon in my cellar. It's better than BCBS, I promise.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I just picked up two cases of beer that are hard as hell to find.

Schneider Aventinus Weizenboch
Schneider Aventinus Eisboch

After the first sip of the Eisboch I orgasmed.

I literally just popped an aventinus 30 seconds ago before openig this thread. Weird.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Also it's really good -- nice smoky flavor to it.

innominate

Ready to race!
Honestly, BCBS is good, but tends to be a bit overrated/overhyped. Same thing happens to Bell's Hopslam each year, as well as several others.

Barrel aged stouts are a category that is LOADED with quality beers that are regularly available. Don't sweat it if you can't find BCBS around your area - go out and find the best barrel aged stout near you!

If anyone wants to trade, I've still got several bombers of 2012 Olde Hickory's Event Horizon in my cellar. It's better than BCBS, I promise.

the ones i have are from 2008. haven't had the ones since. other barrel aged stout are good to varying degrees but none of the ones that i have tried were as good as that 2008 bcbs. a couple have come close though.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Lost Coast Tangerine beer. Hated it. I guess fruit beers aren't my thing.

No. That one is terrible for sure.

the ones i have are from 2008. haven't had the ones since. other barrel aged stout are good to varying degrees but none of the ones that i have tried were as good as that 2008 bcbs. a couple have come close though.

Wow. I do not have the patience to age my beer that long. Good on you! :thumbup:

hooligan74

Ready to race!

Just checked my Untappd - I've had '07, '08, '09, '10 and '12, plus Rare Bourbon County. They're all good, they're just not the end all, be all of barreled stouts, IMO.

You Cali guys should check out AleSmith, if you haven't. Their Speedway Stout is amazing.

New Holland's Dragon's Milk is a rockstar BBL stout and is WIDELY available and a steal at what they sell it for.

Palates are subjective, however. If BCBS is your favorite, great.

I'll take Westbrook's Mexican Cake over any year of the BCBS beers, honestly. That's not even mentioning the barreled versions (Jack Daniels, Red Wine and Apple Brandy). They're a "little" brewery in Mt. Pleasant, SC, just outside of Charleston. They're new/small, but really talented - they contract brew for Evil Twin and (I think) Mikkeller.

Regardless, enjoy your beer - and don't necessarily covet the beers you can't get - there might be something in your own back yard that you like better!

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Just checked my Untappd - I've had '07, '08, '09, '10 and '12, plus Rare Bourbon County. They're all good, they're just not the end all, be all of barreled stouts, IMO.

You Cali guys should check out AleSmith, if you haven't. Their Speedway Stout is amazing.

New Holland's Dragon's Milk is a rockstar BBL stout and is WIDELY available and a steal at what they sell it for.

Palates are subjective, however. If BCBS is your favorite, great.

I'll take Westbrook's Mexican Cake over any year of the BCBS beers, honestly. That's not even mentioning the barreled versions (Jack Daniels, Red Wine and Apple Brandy). They're a "little" brewery in Mt. Pleasant, SC, just outside of Charleston. They're new/small, but really talented - they contract brew for Evil Twin and (I think) Mikkeller.

Regardless, enjoy your beer - and don't necessarily covet the beers you can't get - there might be something in your own back yard that you like better!

I have yet to try BCBS but I can tell you that if it is anywhere as good as the following beers that I have tried and own, I want more. Especially due to the low price... Firestone Velvet Merkin, Fifty Fifty Brewing Co. Imperial Eclipse Stout - Elijah Craig (12yr), and of course The Bruery Black Tuesday.

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!

I would be down to try that. Have never seen it out here!

hooligan74

Ready to race!
No, you won't, Ronin. Olde Hickory is a small, regional brewery here in NC (Hickory, NC) and they don't distribute outside the state.

Let me know what you want to trade, man! Check the BeerAdvocate and RateBeer scores for Event Horizon - you won't be disappointed.

mattchow

Ready to race!
new pick ups this week..

the black friday haul..

^

2x Deschutes Abyss 2010
2x Deschutes Abyss 2011
2x Deschutes Abyss 2012
1x Deschutes Black Butte 23
2x Deschutes Black Butte 24
1x Jester King OG Black Metal
2x Firestone Walker Sucaba
2x Firestone Walker Double DBA
2x Karbach 003
2x Karbach 005
2x Karbach 001
2x Southern Star Black Crack
1x Avery Uncle Jacob 2012
1x Avery Uncle Jacob 2013
2x Avery Rumpkin 2012
12x Goose Island BCBS

innominate

Ready to race!
I saw that spec's in Houston was getting bourbon county stout. Haven't been by the ones up here to check. I have a couple black butte 24's too. That's good shit. There are a lot of imperial and barrel aged stouts that I have yet to try.