GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
How much is it costing you to reload 45? 22 is dirt cheap

I was partly kidding as the smiley tried to indicate.

If I could find .22LR I would buy, it is probably cheaper. I have a lot of minimags and Winchester stockpiled, but can't find any more available these days. Even at the distribution level with my accounts my alerts for inventory never go off and they mostly have the Olympic target .22 which is crazy priced ($15/50 rounds).

My .45 reloads run about $100/1K if I collect most of my brass for reuse. I still have a lot of Zero 230gr JHP but should start to restock.

gliitch

Ready to race!
Hmm that's pretty good. Is 9mm reloads worth it for me pull my reloading stuff out of storage? When I put it up 9mm was so cheap to buy it wasn't worth reloading

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say. I'm still reloading with components from before crazy price increases. However, if you use volume its almost always better to reload.

I really only reload .45, .40, 10mm and .500 S&W for pistol caibers and still have factory 9mm hanging around because it was cheaper to buy before as you mentioned and I shoot it much less.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say. I'm still reloading with components from before crazy price increases. However, if you use volume its almost always better to reload.

This is very true. I used to reload shotgun shells a lot when I shot trap/skeet frequently.

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I need to get into reloading next because 10mm is EXPENSIVE! Oh well, at least I am accumulating a bit of once fired 10mm brass, lol.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Gonna stop reloading shells when i run outta my supply. I cant find powder n since lead prices r up n cant find reclaimed, its just cheaper to look for sales at cabelas n dick... Also gonna sell the reloader, anyone want mec sizemaster 12ga

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I need to stay off the GunDeals subreddit for a while...fuck...

Just bought an AR10 upper and a blemed lower from some damn sale that Palmetto is having...fuck...'nother $700. Figured I don't have a .308, so might as well go ahead and pick one up because it'll probably be a while before they both go on sale again and I have the money to do it. The hard part is that my wife is supposed to discourage me from making these types of purchases, and I fully expected some sort of resistance since I just bought the M&P shield and another AR15...but no...I got nothing...she just looked at me and said oh, well that's a good price...?!?!?!

Doesn't help this is probably the first time in my life since I met her (at the ripe age of 17) that I have money to spend on myself, so I think maybe she gets that and is just letting me have at it. I think she needs to step in...I have a problem :eek:

killng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I totally forgot about this photo from years ago:

That was my hurricane survival kit prior to Hurricane Gustav. :p

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
I need to get into reloading next because 10mm is EXPENSIVE! Oh well, at least I am accumulating a bit of once fired 10mm brass, lol.

Reloading is just another expensive hobby, and thats what it is..a hobby that requires time and commitment...

I only reload in the winter months but get stocked all up for the summer months, for pistol i only reload 45 (my main caliber), .357, 10mm the rest is not worth my time or effort vs. cost neither is 5.56 in the rifle realm for me.

Reloading doesnt make things cheaper, its make you shoot twice as much for the same price if that makes sense..you're not saving money, your getting more out of your money though so you may consider that a savings in the long haul...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Reloading doesnt make things cheaper, its make you shoot twice as much for the same price if that makes sense..you're not saving money, your getting more out of your money though so you may consider that a savings in the long haul...

Exactly. I reload to shoot more, not to save money.

I really don't ever like to tell anyone how much I've invested in my Dillon 650XL and Super 1050 with all the bells and whistles, multiple tool heads with stands, tumblers, two primer tube fillers, primer pocket swage tool, case trimming tools, gauges, dies, tools and misc. supplies. I even bought an ultrasonic cleaner at one point but really don't use it. It's not cheap... but I intentionally bought the best equipment that I could at the time since I like to buy once.

It's an investment and the outcome is just more ammo for the money, if you can find and buy all the components you need. There have been dry spells, but I've never been low or without ammo due to planning. I see a lot of guys saying that they shot all their ammo and now have none for their weapons until they get to a store. I can't imagine that scenario anymore. My only factory ammo for the calibers I reload is for HD or carry, since the jury is out on if reloads will be used as a point against you in court if you had an encounter that required discharging a weapon.

But, I have to say that going out to the bench and going from 0 to 900 rounds of .45 in just under an hour is pretty convenient, and that's working at a really comfortable, cautious pace on the 1050 which includes normal powder drop verification.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
put on ncstar laser/flashlight and went to the range, put 200 rounds through with no problems. Thought the laser was getting dimmer and suspected the battery was dying...till i looked at the front of it and lens was covered in gun powder :lol:

awesome for the price, just gotta remove the battery when putting in a gun case so it does click to ON position. For $43 shipped highly recommend it.

couldnt take pics or vid cause the range i went to was no photography

Is this the one you have? I'm interested!
http://www.ncstar.com/product/product-list-FLASHLIGHT-COMBO.aspx?productseries=Flashlight%20/%20Laser%20Combos