GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Okay guys I've got a bunch of photos to link from flickr. Tell me how to do this. Please, please tell me it's easy, like one click easy.

Back-story: I got a pro-sumer tripod and a 1:18 scale GTI for Christmas :happyanim:

SO much cool stuff to be done with a full size tripod and a scale model. So many angles and frames to explore when you're so flexible...

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Okay guys I've got a bunch of photos to link from flickr. Tell me how to do this. Please, please tell me it's easy, like one click easy.

Back-story: I got a pro-sumer tripod and a 1:18 scale GTI for Christmas :happyanim:

SO much cool stuff to be done with a full size tripod and a scale model. So many angles and frames to explore when you're so flexible...

Get Flickr account (if you don't have one; whether the free one if you are starting, or the pro like I have), upload photos to said account, look at said photos in photo stream, click on said photo, click on view all sizes on top right, choose Medium 800 to fit most forums/screens/apps for a good resolution..... profit? ;)

glory

Ready to race!
So I just got my new camera for my birthday yesterday, a nikon d5100!! So happy lol. Planning learning it then posting some stuff. Where do people recommend uploading to for keeping image quality and having large amount of space to upload to? Also would you think it worth while to take a photography class at the University for help or just go shoot things?

Thanks!

Sent from the White north with magic

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
So I just got my new camera for my birthday yesterday, a nikon d5100!! So happy lol. Planning learning it then posting some stuff. Where do people recommend uploading to for keeping image quality and having large amount of space to upload to? Also would you think it worth while to take a photography class at the University for help or just go shoot things?

Thanks!

Most of us here use a Flickr Pro account if you notice. It is a yearly service, but unlimited uploads of any file size, categorization capability, and able to link/see photos from anywhere.

Most University courses will teach you the basics of photography (not necessarily your camera), but I always recommend knowing the basics because it will help you with what ever camera you are using (including point and shoots).

Enjoy the Nikon D5100! That is the camera I have been using until I just got the D600. Great camera and enjoy man! :thumbsup:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Got bored and went outside to shoot while at work because bored. Now I don't know which edit I like more, haha

BRIAN!!!!! :laugh:

glory

Ready to race!
Most University courses will teach you the basics of photography (not necessarily your camera), but I always recommend knowing the basics because it will help you with what ever camera you are using (including point and shoots).

Enjoy the Nikon D5100! That is the camera I have been using until I just got the D600. Great camera and enjoy man! :thumbsup:

I'll look into Flickr then and play with my camera more. Haha I'm stoked for my camera. Got a uv filter for it and might get a free tripod for it. Woot!!

glory

Ready to race!
Camera Tripod

So this weekend I got a free tripod, for free, from the GF's uncle. It's a Velbon VGB-3CC. The reason I got it for free was because the crank which raises/lowers the centre column elevator is broken. The uncles says someone over tightened it and broke the gear inside of it. Was wondering if anyone knows where to get parts or if it is possible to fix.

Thanks for all your help!

Bender1

Banned

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
I like this! Got a desktop size? Would love to rock this!

Keep up the work!

Edit: Just needed to click on the pic lolz!

Thank you for the compliment! Im new to photography but it's something I've always wanted to get into. I just have my starter T2i with basic lenses. I would like to get a 10-22mm but I just bought a house, a new kitchen and an R! So maybe later... :thumbsup:

09vdubgti

Banned
So Bri - tips on photographing people? I am pretty good at just about everything else but I can never get things to turn out the way I want with people. Skin tone always screws with me.

(which reminds me i still have to edit those)

Well first and foremost, when you're shooting portraitures the most important thing is to have the focus set on the eyes. As long as the eyes are nicely defined, I think its a solid step onto getting a nice portrait. One of the reasons im not that big into portraits or I guess I should say studio style portraits like the one i posted is just because its very expensive. We used a profoto strobe for this one, a beauty dish and a light meter. The background here is pure white but the F stop is really closed F16 iirc, so thats whats giving those nice, soft shadows.

Pat - 2nd shot, its underexposed, the BnW one is dope though.

09vdubgti

Banned
Thank you for the compliment! Im new to photography but it's something I've always wanted to get into. I just have my starter T2i with basic lenses. I would like to get a 10-22mm but I just bought a house, a new kitchen and an R! So maybe later... :thumbsup:

I have the Sigma 10-20...soooo worth the money.

So i finally picked up the 50mm f1.8 :laugh::laugh: i always put it off, havent played with it much yet.

Right now im not sure why but im very into very dark kinda grudge(y) photos..

Rahway Station to Trenton NJ by BrianCerna, on Flickr